

Oh baby, oh baby! Andrea and I went to the Duke City Roller Derby today! As a little background, Andrea and I grew up across the street from one another since I was in second grade. One of our favorite past times was roller skating. This year for one of her journalism classes, Andrea did a story about the Derby and got hooked! Now she wants to be on a roller derby team! We watched a competition between the "Doomsdames" and the "Derby Intelligence Agency" aka D.I.A. It was a riot seeing all the funky outfits and stage names. We spent some time thinking of what Andrea's "skater" name could be. Some of the names were really funny. There was Kamakazi Kim, Mortal Wombat, Doom Dee Doom, Apocalicious, Demolition Debby, Vile It, and Pat Smear! Ha ha ha! They had a live band there though that totally blasted my ear drums out--I feel deaf now.
5 comments:
I have to say, that is the coolest post. I can't believe you went to a roller derby, how COOL is that? The roller derby names are hilarious, too. I think my favorite is Apocalicious.
Oh man, Trav, if you ever have the chance to go to one, they are quite hilarious. I must admit though, I cannot whole heartedly reccommend that you go to one because the atmosphere is pretty crappy--deafening rock music and lots of smoking and drinking. And to top it off, the girls are dressed pretty skanky. Ha ha. Oh, but it was sweet!
Yeah, I'm with Travis, that's awesome. I think it would be the funniest thing ever.
Travis, I have your old roller skates. Shall I send them to you?
Are they the kind that you strap on to your tennis shoes? Go ahead and keep them, Dad. In fact, feel free to use them, maybe you could pave a skate ramp in the pit...
Post a Comment