Jul 31, 2006

We made it home ALIVE!



















When Rob and I left work today, the clouds were looming above us--thick and grey. Rob and I biked home through one of the nastiest (yet oh so much fun) thunderstorms I've ever experienced! The lightning was right above our heads and the thunder clapped almost simultaneously with each flash of light. The streets were like little rivers and cars on the freeway drenched us as they drove past. Some areas of the road had water over halfway up our bike tires. Rain pelted down so hard that it felt like hail and my arms turned red with pain! We took shelter in a little tunnel for a couple minutes, but figured--what the hey! We couldn't get any wetter! Let's go! It was crazy fun! I was just grateful that Rob was there with me. Thanks, man! If not, I might have been swept away in a flood and disappeared forever!

2 comments:

Dan said...

Now that's scary. Where was your Dad in all of this?

Unknown said...

They're on a 50 mile hike! I wonder if they're getting as much rain up in the Pecos wilderness as we are!