Apr 14, 2007

Easter Egg Hunt

Our very first Easter as a little family was quite a hit. Sebastian and I made one another suprise Easter baskets and did a basket hunt as soon as we woke up. I got Sebastian A-1 Sauce, Cinnamon-Raisin bread, strawberry Gushers, and a pack of Reese's Big Cups. Sebastian got me a darling little easter Lamb, a basket full of Whooper Eggs, a ceramic Easter egg which he lovingly wrote our initials on with a Sharpie, and a bendable bunny toy. It was perfect! :) That evening, Sebastian and I arranged a family dinner and had Noah, Laura, and Sethrina over. Laura made this delicious Matza soup (a traditional passover food), chicken, and asparagus. I went the Japanese route and made wontons, fried rice, teriyaki chicken, and just for fun spiced things up a bit with some frozen Strawberry-cream pie! We stuffed our faces and then had an Easter Egg hunt in our living room/kitchen. Sebastian hid the eggs the evening before and we were both super excited for everyone to find the eggs. Surprisingly, it took about an hour for them to find all of the eggs! Some of the genius hiding places included inside our printer, within a painting on the wall, and inside a canister of kitchen utensils. After the hunt, we played Clue until our toilet started overflowing and we had to ask our guests to leave so we could fix the nasty mess! Hoppy Easter!

6 comments:

Angela said...

I'm glad you guys had a good Easter. Sounds like you had fun. I wish I could've tried your Chinese cooking. Sounds yummy.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE reading your posts Jessica!! What fun Easter baskets. Sorrry your toilet overflowed =/
~ AJ ;D

Celestine said...

Jess and Seb, I LOVED reading all your blog updates today--it was FUN! Your apartment looks sweet and cozy. I kinda wish you two could stay there instead of moving already. But you can't beat FREE RENT for spring and summer!

I hope you can find a decent apartment in the fall again.

Your Easter Sunday sounded like lots of fun. It's nice that Noah and Laura live so close.

It's also great that Sethrina will be living with you in the Orem house this spring. Dad and I need to come and visit all of you this summer! We love you =D.

Anonymous said...

Oh Jessipoo! Your posts made me smile. I miss you soooo much! That picture of Seb holding the Easter basket made me laugh so hard. He's such a goof! Can't wait until I get to see you, girl!

Mike said...

Now all Seb needs is some meat to go along with that A1 sauce!

Dan said...

Do you put that A1 sauce on your vegetables or what?