Aug 29, 2007

Our Temple Travels

Sebastian and I made it a goal to go to the temple every month. Although we missed July, we have been doing pretty good so far. I was looking at our photos on the computer this morning and thought it was fun seeing all of our temple pictures. Take a look at our temple travels...

Seattle, Washington
When I visited Sebastian last August (the summer we got engaged), we visited his hometown temple. It was made around the same time as the Provo temple and has the same 70s-retro feel.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Aww! Here is my temple! This is where Sebastian and I were married November 18, 2006. I remember this temple going up when I was in high school. It was surreal having my family and close friends, and my eternal sweetheart, all gathered here for our special day.

San Diego, California
I've always thought this temple was one of the most gorgeous ones! On our honeymoon, Sebastian and I planned on doing a session but were bummed to find out that it was closed when we arrived! Looks like we'll have to make a trip back down to sunny San Diego!

Provo, Utah
While we are going to school, this is the closest temple for us to attend. I remember it from when I was a little girl. Before I married Seb, my roomies and I would try to do baptisms here every week. It was always busy--even at 6:30am!

Redlands, California
This April, Laura (my sister-in-law) received here endowment at the Redlands temple. I was able to spend some quality time in the temple with Mama Dunlap. We sat by one another in the session and people thought we were the bride and the mother-of-the-bride. Ha ha.

Los Angeles, California
The LA temple is special to the Dunlaps. This is where Sebastian's parents were married (they are both from Hollywood) and this is also where Noah and Laura were married this past April. It is one of the biggest temples I have ever been inside!

Mount Timpanogos, Utah
In June, Sebastian and I waited until the very last day of the month to go to the temple. Not only that, we waited until the evening. When we arrived at the Provo temple, we found out that it was closed for a holiday! We found out that the Timpanogos temple was open but that their last session was starting in about 25 minutes. We decided to make a rush for it and miraculously made it! Woo hoo!


Logan, Utah
In July, Sebastian, Noah, Laura, and I took a trip up to Logan to meet up with Mama Dunlap who was auditioning for an opera. We stopped by the historic looking Logan temple and took a few pictures before going to see my very first opera. (By the way, Mama Dunlap made her audition and will be singing for the Logan Opera Company soon! Woo hoo for her!)

Manti, Utah
Last month, Sebastian and I traveled down to Manti to watch his mission son get married. This was the most gorgeous temple I have ever seen! It looks just like a castle! It is sitting on a hilltop above an old cemetery. Inside we ate some big, fluffy rolls in the cafeteria.

Salt Lake City, Utah
This week, Sebastian and I went to Salt Lake City on a little vacation before school starts back up again. We wanted to go somewhere exotic, so we pretended that we were in Balboa, Spain. We had a lot of fun. One of the highlights of our trip was going through a live session at the Salt Lake temple. So cool!!

4 comments:

Dan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dan said...

Cool posting! You should come to the IF temple. It is totally awesome. They have redone the Celestial Room and it is one of the most beautiful I've ever seen.

It's neat that you have been to so many temples. Keep it up.

Tammy and I made a goal to go to the temple every month and we've also done pretty good, but missed July too.

How is Sister Dunlap going to perform in Logan and live in Seattle? That seems like a long commute.

Again, I really appreciate your update. Come see us sometime.

5:58 PM

jenni the artist said...

Awesome, you two have been to so many temple in such a short time, it is unreal! Those are beautiful pics, it is neat how they all look so different. And the gorgeous couple in front of them is fun to see too, :).

Mike said...

Cool post. The Seattle temple is identical to the Tokyo Japan Temple and the construction was finished in 1980. The Tokyo temple was finished in the same time frame and I attended the dedication by Spencer W. Kimble. I even got to shake his hand!