Sebastian and I have finally moved into our own apartment, and we are loving it! We owe a big thank you to my parents, my brother, my extended family, and our friends for all of their help, time, care, and . . . furniture!!! THANK YOU! The apartment is looking great, and we will post pictures soon.
After church today, Sebastian and I had a delicious steak and potatoes dinner with my family. Then, my dad challenged Seb and I to see how fast we could set up one of his tents (in preparation for our Grand Canyon trip this spring). We set up this nifty little 1-man tent in about 6 minutes. Beat that, Dad! Woo!
As for our lives, I am getting used to going to work again (after our long Christmas break), and I'm really loving the shorter drive. I can hop on the freeway and reach the base in about 13 minutes. Sebastian started back up at school, and his commute is WAY better too - it takes him about 7 minutes to bike to work! One of the main reasons I love our apartment is the location. The law school is less than a mile away and the Smith's is right behind the complex, so we can walk over and grab a red box and a pack of Oreos. Oh! And my best friend's house as well as my grandma's house is about 5 minutes away! Well, I better run. My mom is making cookies and we are getting ready to play 13 and Bananagrams.
4 comments:
Nice job on the tent. What was our (papa and mama Hobbs) time? Wasn't it under 5 minutes for the two man tent! Beat that! Maybe we should have a knot tying contest next, or maybe a water boiling contest!
Congrats on getting into your own place. I am glad that it is in a better location for you guys. Also, way to go on setting up the tent way fast.
Yeah! I can't wait to see your new place! You guys have such exciting lives. Clay and I are so boring. Hope to see you all soon!
We are so happy for you! Having your own place is so much fun :-). Consider it a second honeymoon!
I'm so glad that you are close enough to have dinner with us on Sundays. We love spending time with you and realize that it won't always be that way :-(.
On another note, I think Sebastian looks much more handsome without the mustache! Love you both, Mom
Post a Comment