I went to Salt Lake City this May for my friend's wedding. Although I had a great time, I must say - that was the longest weekend trip of my life! I got pretty sick the day before my trip with a nasty head cold. I had a headache and runny nose the entire time. The morning of my trip, I woke up too early and couldn't get back to bed. I decided to just go early and beat the traffic...at 4:00am! What a nutcase! I drove the entire 9 hours to Provo by myself, and when I got there, I really had no where to go and no place to rest. My eyes were red and bloodshot and I felt like fying. Being alone in the car for nine hours is quite an ordeal!
I took refuge at the University Mall and went on a little shopping spree. Then, I called up an old roommate of mine and visited her while she was working in the BYU library. After that, I visited my cousins for an hour or so. It was fun watching their little boy do the robot dance and meeting their new daughter (I can only hope my babies are half as cute! They are both darling!)
Finally, around 9:00p or so, I headed to SLC and met up with my sister in law and her boyfriend at the Cheesecake Factory. It was wonderful seeing them. After a lovely dinner, Sethrina took me in and I slept in her magnificent, huge bedroom! (She had three beds in her bedroom! Now that is the life!) I was so grateful to finally lay my head down after the longest day of my life! Ha ha.
The next day I got to see my friend get married in the SLC temple. I was so glad when some of my old roommates showed up in the waiting room. It was a little Park Place reunion! The temple was a beautiful wedding machine. There were brides all over the grounds. The ceremony was lovely, except I had a coughing attack as soon as it began that lasted throughout the entire event. My face had turned red from trying to hold back the hacking and was streaked with tears from my watery eyes. I could barely pay attention I was so embarrassed. Unfortunately (but fortunately for me? Not really fortunately, though) a cell phone rang TWICE during the ceremony, making my coughing attack barlely noticeable. How sad!
Anyways, the rest of the trip was fun. I got to go shopping at Nordstrom Rack, hang with Halestorm, see my sister in law dance, and I spent the night with Shorty (one of my former roomies) and had a wonderful time reminiscing about my single days. I had to laugh when I was shown a big picture of my face hanging framed on their living room wall. Ha ha.
2 comments:
It may be a very small world because the groom looks like Mathew Jimenez... another person I have known a long time! I love it! That is probably why you look so familiar!
Hi Jess, I wish I could have gone with you to Utah! I'm sorry you were sick and tired during the trip, but glad that you had fun :-).
Those flowers were amazingly beautiful on the temple grounds! I love you sweetie.
Post a Comment