What's Going On...
- INTERNSHIP: Sebastian's been interning with the state's Legislative Council Service since May. I take him to the Rail Runner train at 6:00a each morning where he heads to Santa Fe to work at the state capitol. He's really enjoyed his job so far, the people he gets to work with, and the opportunity to stroll through Santa Fe on his lunch break. My brother Jared works in Santa Fe too, so they've been able to get together for lunch on occasion. Seb took his first business trip to Taos, NM to attend a committee meeting, and he got to schmooze with several government officials. What a cool job experience overall! (Pictured below is the building Seb works in.)

- WORK: My job as a business planner at Sandia has really transformed into the perfect fit for me. Specifically, I work for the Business and Competitive Intelligence team. I get to do market research and analysis; I've become the "go to" girl for marketing materials (brochures, fact sheets, logos, etc.); and I am getting to learn how to design and create Web sites. Currently, my supervisor is having me study Flash an hour a day so I can make our sites super cool! This summer's been particularly fun because we got 4 new interns (my new office mates rock!) and a new full-time employee.
- WORKING OUT: Taking Seb to the train each morning has given me the motivation to start a jogging program. Since it forces me to get my bum out of bed a couple hours before work starts, I throw my workout clothes on and am ready to roll! I've never been able to keep this up for so long and plan on continuing into the school year. I jog two laps around our neighborhood park and have enjoyed getting to know all of the morning dog walkers. There's this one guy I see on occasion who runs without a shirt or SHOES! The bottom of his feet are black! (Pictured below is the lovely park I run at.)

- VACATION: Seb and I are visiting Noah and Laura in Houston this August. We are so excited to see them, to meet Tony (their cat), and to see Sethrina who is also flying out.
- WEDDING: Oh, and how can I forget - my brother Jacob got married this June! Isn't that wild? He and his darling wife Shauna are living directly beneath us, so we are in the same ward now. How fun is that? We were finally able to afford Internet (by splitting it with the love birds), so I am actually blogging from home! What a miracle! The wedding was lovely, and it was especially fun to have our Idaho relatives visit. It's always fun to spend time with them.
- CAMP: I went to Girl's Camp in June as the Assistant Ward Camp Director. I really loved getting to know my girls (the orange inchworms) and am so impressed by their tender, loving spirits and their incredibe spunk and zest for life!
- CALLINGS: I've finally recieved church callings and visiting teaching assignments! You are listening to the Haine's Ward CTR 5 teacher! I get to teach the 4 and 5 year olds the gospel. Man, it's been a trip. That age is sure hyperactive. They can't seem to sit still for more than three mintues! I'm also a visiting teacher of 6 wonderful women in our ward and am excited to have a companion who is dedicated to serving with all her heart.
- SPLURGE: And last but not least...we bought a huge TV! Seb had been salivating over a TV we saw at Costco a few weeks ago. He's been thinking of buying a TV for awhile now, but couldn't get himself to take the plunge. He talked it over with his Pop, we visited the TV a few times to just stare at it, and he finally pulled the trigger last weekend. We broke in our mighty 46-incher by watching Titanic. We needed a grand movie for our grand TV :) It looks kind of ridiculous in our tiny living room, but beautifully ridiculous! Last night, our HDMI cable came in the mail, and we've been checking our email on the big screen. How cool are we?
3 comments:
My hubby also just started salivating over your new TV. He too keeps looking at them at Costco, but it ain't happening! Especially with the baby on the way! I'm glad to hear so many great things have been happening for you guys!
I'm so glad that Dad and I can be a part of your fun-filled, work-filled lives here in Albuquerque while Sebastian is going to Law School!
It has been a real blessing for us to see you guys at least once a week--we're so spoiled!
I'm glad Seb took the plunge and bought the Sony flat screen--that gives us more leverage to buy ourselves a new TV this year... (Mike, I hope you aren't reading this!).
We love you two so much! Keep up the great work in your jobs, your church responsibilities, and especially at home.
It sounds like you are having a great summer. I think that it is great that you got a flat screen. Matt and I really like ours.
Post a Comment