Oct 31, 2009

Halloween Treats

I subscribe to several interior design, graphic design, and cooking blogs and want to share a couple of my favorite posts from this month with you. Since this is my family blog, though, I'll only do these types of posts every so often. But seriously - there are some really awesome blogs out there that I could spend all day reading and learning from!

Carmel Apple Cheesecake Pie on Annie's Eats



How delicious does this sound?? Oh my goodness! My mom wants each of her daughters to bring a pie to Thanksgiving dinner, and this is the one I am planning to make. I am test driving the recipe today and bringing it to my best friend's house for a Halloween potluck/ scary movie fest. Yum! Speaking of Halloween, I am also going to try out a Halloween recipe from my favorite cooking blog:

Spider Bites on Bakerella



The lady who runs the Bakerella blog is AMAZING. She makes these deliciously cute cake balls of every shape and size! I was floored by her Valentine's Day gift box (ENTIRELY made of cake - box and all! Insane!).

I can't wait for the potluck! I better start baking now if I really want to make these desserts because I am definitely a klutz in the kitchen. Happy Halloween! I'll post a follow up on how the desserts actually turn out!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I liked the cheesecake. It was delicious to the taste. Thank you also for sharing the link for "color me happy". I'm really going to enjoy decorating my casita.
Thanks.