Jan 19, 2012

December Happenings

Pre-Haircut
Post-Haircut (first one!!!)
Bath Time Fun
Like Huddy Man's awesome tub?
Fake Christmas at the Dunlap's
2-Dollar Bill from Great Grandma Hobbs
Is this money really mine?!
Sweet!
A whole box of army men, too?! Whoa!
Happy family
Cute matching jammies

December is always an exciting yet exhausting month. I made a big long list of Christmas things I wanted to do - make homemade ornaments, visit the temple nativity, make ice luminarios, ding dong ditch a family for Christmas, make carmel popcorn, sleep under the Christmas tree - and we did none of those things!

We did, however, do a few fun Christmas things last month. We went to an ugly sweater party with our friends, the Calderons. Hudson's awesome sweater was bedecked with pom-poms, sequins, snowflakes, embroidery, and beading. We went to the stake's annual nativity night, and I even got to direct our primary children in singing a song! They were cute, but believe me - I do NOT know how to lead! Seb and I made graham cracker ginger bread houses together one night while we watched Miracle on 34th Street. His completely collapsed (aww), but mine looked pretty classy! Another night we bundled up Hudson and took him to see the River of Lights at the Botanical Gardens. It was BEAUTIFUL! Hudson loved running around and looking at all of the light sculptures. He almost walked right into a pond!

Another Christmas highlight was attending the annual Christmas Party for Seb's work. It was at a fancy restaurant downtown called Seasons and the firm rented a private room. Everyone looked gorgeous in little cocktail dresses (oops, I wore jeans!) and the food was yummy too! We gave away an adhesive bra for the white elephant gift exchange and won a children's tool set for Hudson. So fun!

One night, we went caroling with Sam and Kiley. Boy do those two know how to sing! It was really fun giving away plates of cookies and singing together. Kiley made some delicious cheesecake topped cookies, and I had made some sugar cookies with a good friend the day before. We caroled to Grandma Pitcher and her boyfriend Gerald. That was cute seeing the two of them together. He he!

A new tradition that we'd like to continue doing is having my parents over for Christmas dinner. Before leaving for Seattle, we had my parents over for red chile enchiladas, spanish rice, and calabacitas. We exchanged gifts and just really enjoyed the one-on-one time together. I especially loved the homemade pajamas that my mom made. It is SO fun to wear our matching PJs - they were a staple over Christmas break!

Another fun thing we were able to do was share a Japanese dinner with my grandma. She is such an awesome cook and I absolutely love spending time with her. We used to have a Japanese dinner almost every Christmas when I was growing up, but that tradition kind of fizzled away. I hope it starts back up again! It's one that I really enjoy!

We were back from our Seattle trip by the time New Years Eve rolled around. I think it was my favorite New Years Eve to date. We got together with some family and friends and pigged out, played games, and danced like fools to the Wii! Goodbye 2011, hello 2012!

No comments: