May 12, 2013

Catching up ...

It's been too long since doing a family update, so I thought I'd share some highlights from the past several months through pictures and words. I seriously can't believe it's already May - I still feel like it's January and that Beau hasn't come yet and that this new home has just been a dream! Anywho - here's what stands out to me about the time that has passed since my last major post:

Friends

I feel like Seb and I have been blessed with the most incredible friends a couple could ask for. I am so blessed to be living in my hometown where my oldest, dearest friend Andrea lives. She's always and will always be like a sister to me. Additionally, I am so thankful for the friendships I've developed through church - it seems that no matter where we go, we have a built-in support system that immediately fosters wonderful, deep friendships. I made some incredible friendships in the North Valley Ward (and other wards we've been in) and it's been fun keeping in touch with everyone even though we have moved. Our friends are doing exciting things - buying homes, having babies, getting new jobs, and just living great lives.

Before Beau was born, one of my best friends asked if she could kidnap Hudson for the day so that I could get some rest before baby arrived. What a saint! She took Hudson and her son to a place called ABQ Jump and then bought them happy meals at McDonald's. I think that was Hudson's first day out with a friend. It was the NICEST thing for me, too!


Random Fun

In December, we hosted my parents for a fun little Christmas dinner. They brought over presents and we made a BBQ chicken salad and had a hot cocoa bar!

In January, my mom watched Hudson for a weekend, and Seb and I took a weekend trip to Santa Fe! It was so refreshing and fun to be alone for the weekend - especially before the new baby arrived! We stayed at a really nice hotel. We stocked the kitchen with our favorite snacks; watched lots of movies; took a freezing dip in the hot tub (I think it was snowing); walked around the plaza; had dinner with Jared and Jenny; and just relaxed!

We had three awesome baby showers before Beau arrived! Andrea threw a surprise diaper party at my mom's house. It was the most perfect party - the food was delicious, the guest list was perfect, and we got SO MANY diapers. Seb's work threw him a surprise baby shower, too! How thoughtful and generous! And to top it off, the YW in my ward threw me a baby shower! The girls made me two adorable tie blankets. I felt so spoiled!

In March, my mom hosted a birthday luncheon for Kiley with all of my sister-in-laws. It was really really fun to spend some time with just the ladies.

The Lemmon family visited in March. I always LOVE seeing them! They did a home tour and visited all of my siblings homes. When they came to our house, we had chocolate fondue. So yummy. Speaking of fondue - we had a really fun dinner with the Blackers and they brought over fondue for dessert. It was incredibly delicious! I also made home made pretzels, so we totally just gorged out all night long! We are really going to miss the Blackers when they move to Washington this summer. They are some of our best friends.

Young Women's

I was called to be the YW secretary in the North Valley Ward a couple months before Beau was born. It was a little sad to leave that calling when we moved because I was so excited to be working with the teenage girls! Not to mention our awesome presidency (Michelle Craig, Theresa Robledo, and Natalie Aries). To my surprise and delight, I was called to be the YW secretary in our new ward! Heavenly Father must have known I wanted to be in there! The new ward has lots of girls and I'm excited to get to know everyone.

Visitors

Our sweet Auntie Sethrina came to visit the week we moved into our home. She was the BIGGEST help! My mom and dad came over, too, and we spent the majority of her visit painting our house! I felt like it was probably the worst vacation of all time for her (so freaking boring!), but she had a great attitude and even returned the following month! We love you, Sethrina!

The first weekend in May, Sethrina returned along with Mama and Papa Dunlap for baby Beau's blessing. We had a great time visiting the botanical gardens, riding the garden train, going to the zoo, hitting up Red Robin, chowing down at my mom's, and hanging out at home. For Beau's blessing, we had family and friends over for a small luncheon afterwards. It was so much fun hosting a party in our new home! We had sandwiches, chips, and fruit. Yum!

Beau's blessing was beautiful. I'll write more on that later. I was mainly struck by the fact that Beau is a very humble person and that he will share that gratitude and humility with others. We love our sweet, precious angel!

This weekend, my old college roommate Cheryl (and her cute brother Greg) stayed the night on their way to Texas. We had a great tie with those two. Cheryl is absolutely hilarious and such a sweetheart. I love her to pieces!

We kept finding Hudson asleep by the Christmas tree

My little doll face

Taking a blue bath in the "ocean"

Christmas dinner at our house!

Delicious salad!

Cocoa bar!

Presents from Mama and Papa Hobbs!

Dad rocking his new sweatshirt

My teeth are going to be so clean!


Enjoying books with Papa (1/13)

Getting artsy with Mama (1/22)

Trying out Beau's bed (2/18)

Angel baby (2/18)

Oh! What's wrong?? (2/18)

He was so tiny! Look at that fuzzy, soft head! (2/18)

Sweetest baby! (2/18)

Proud big brother (2/18)

Best friends (2/18)

First Dr. Appointment (2/19)

Little Lovie (2/19)

Reminds me of Hudson (2/19)

Our new waterfall! (2/20)

Our new backyard! (2/20)

Bathing in a tupperware - first bath (2/29)

Cute little naked guy (2/29)

What a sweetheart (3/1)

Helping Mommy with chores (3/3)

Is that a doll or a baby?! (3/7)

Daddy's little helper (3/10)

Our growing family (3/12)

Love my boys! (3/12)

What a big boy! (3/14)

No comments: