| Hudson loving on his brother (5/21) |
| My happy sweetie pie! |
| Love these boys! |
| Check out how big he's getting! (5/27) |
| My big boy riding the train at the Botanical Gardens (5/27) |
| Having too much fun! |
| Hudson loves trying to hold his brother (even when I'm holding him!) |
| Cute matching ladies! |
| Hudson wanted to hold a butterfly SO bad! |
| Our trumpet vine bloomed Memorial Day weekend |
| Mama D bought us those lovely geraniums! |
| "Black Grandma" brought over her new bunny, Buckeye |
| This is definitely a Hobbs baby |
| Hudson with "Black Grandma" |
| Hudson looooooooves his grandma! |
| We still can't believe this is our yard! |
| Beau was okay for a bit ... |
| Uh oh! This water's getting too cold! |
| Hudson had fun dancing with his friend Henry |
| What a big girl! |
| We love our sweet friends! |
Whenever anyone asks what we've been up to lately, I don't really know what to say. Nothing too exciting - just enjoying the ups and downs of every day life. We have no summer vacation plans (although, I'm trying to convince Seb to take us on a trip to Texas this summer to visit his family), we have no big plans in the near future (no more school decisions, new babies, job choices or anything like that on the horizon), and we really haven't done anything out of the ordinary lately. But I guess no news is good news. Life is just sailing along smoothly.
I'm still getting into the swing of being a mommy of two, but it's certainly been a much easier adjustment this time around. Beau is the most perfect baby! He sleeps like a log, he has a great appetite, he has a pathetic (and oh so adorable) whimper of a cry, and he's usually very relaxed, smiley, and snuggly. I am so in love with my little chunky man I can't stand it!
Hudson, Beau and I plan to spend the summer swimming at the city pool, picnicking with friends, visiting the zoo and botanical gardens, devouring library books, enjoying our new home, and trying to squeeze in as much daddy time as possible. I'd also like to get to know our ward members better, start an exercise program, outline some goals for the future, and perhaps whip out my oil paints and start a long overdue painting. We'll see ... Oh, and perhaps we'll have a run-in with the Mariposa Basin flasher. Apparently, some guy has been flashing ladies at the park near our home. That would probably be too much excitement for a lazy summer day!
This past week was pretty fun. We went to the Botanical Gardens twice - once with Andrea and Tatum and once with Papa. The butterfly pavilion was open, and Hudson enjoyed looking at the bugs! When we went with Seb, there were a bunch of electric and steam trains setup, which was an unexpected surprise! Another day, the boys and I went swimming with some friends at the Eisenhower pool. Beau actually took a dip in the wading pool and seemed to enjoy himself (well, at least he didn't cry for the first 15 minutes). Hudson's friend Rocky invited him over, too, and they did a fun painting project. Then yesterday, we had Jacob and Shauna and Kiley over for a barbecue. It's always so fun to spend time with family - and especially fun seeing our cute nephews!
That's all for now! I'd like to know what YOU have been up to! It's got to be WAY more exciting than this post! Ha ha.
2 comments:
I LOVE LOVE LOVE your yard, Jess. So beautiful and it looks so relaxing and nice! You guys are in for a great summer, I am so happy for you. And yes...keep pushing for that Summer trip to Texas ;)
Another awesome posting! You do such a great job chronicling your family's life through photos--and they're so colorful and fun!
Your boys remind me so much of you and my own boys when you were all little. I miss my babies and toddlers!
So glad I can be a grandma to now 6 beautiful boys ;-).
Post a Comment