Oct 15, 2013

A long time coming

My heavens! This blog is in dire need of a new post! This is going to be a picture heavy, quick summary of the past few months. Here's what we've been up to:

(7/7) My future missionary all ready for church!

(7/8) Beau started on solids and absolutely LOVES them!

(7/8) It's always a miracle when I can get both boys down at the same time! And in the same bed gets me bonus points!

(7/15) Belated sparklers for FHE

(7/16) Beau's 5-months shot - boy howdy does time fly or what?!
Surgery

I had surgery on my ... {BUM!} ... yikes! Did I just say that out loud! Yes, it's true. I won't give you all of the gory details, but I'll tell you it went quite well. I've had problems down south ever since Hudson's birth, so it was about time I did something about it. I was especially nervous about being put under, but it was so nice! I felt so happy and relaxed when I came to! And I didn't remember a thing! The recovery was awful for the first few days (going to the bathroom felt like giving birth), but my mom, hubby, and ward family took good care of me with extra love and yummy meals!

Freelance Work

I started work on a friend's blog in July. She and her sister are putting together a really fun DIY projects blog. I am making their logo and blog in exchange for a dining room table and bench! Can't wait to really get to work on this. It's been hard to find the time, but I have some fun ideas brewing.

Joyful Printables

In July, my Etsy shop really started making the money, money! It's been fun but SO. DANG. BUSY. It's really taken over my life these past few months! Every naptime, spare moment, and evening has been spent hunched over the computer, being worked to death by my crazy bride customers. Just kidding - they've all been so lovely! It's been very hard, though, to get my life in balance. I haven't had enough time for my husband or myself. I've been experimenting with shop policies and pricing to get the business flow just right! I think I'm at a pretty good place right now. And this month, I cracked the 100th sale! It felt so good!

(8/5) My naked chef (not sure how or why this even happened)

I think he was getting out of the bath and saw I was cooking and just had to help!

Everything's more fun naked!

Hudson's 3rd Birthday

Hudson spent his birthday at Cliff's Amusement Park. It was an impromptu invite by his Grandma, who was there with one of her cub scouts. Hudson had the time of his life. He LOVED the froggy hopper, the Scrambler, and the Tea Cups. What a wild man! We also had a really fun "cousin" party later that week. We had all the family meet up at the West Mesa Aquatic Center for a pirate-themed pizza pool party. It was so nice having everyone there!

(8/7) Birthday morning with his spiderman cake and trains from his Dunlap grandparents!
(8/7) He was soooooo excited about the rides!

Look at that face!

Love those folded hands!

Love those tiny dangling legs!

Love that flopping hair!
This is pure joy I tell you!

What a day! Thanks, Mom!

Spoiled kid!

Ha ha ha!
(8/10) The pirate cupcakes!

Hudson's new pirate ship!

Arg!

Baby pirate

Twins!

Hudson loved these fountains the best

My cousins Max and Jack

Grandpa's one of the boys!

What a blast!


Cute little Milo!





What a cute kid!

Cute family




I just love that Hudson had a mustache all day
Enjoying the treats!



A Taste of Cowboy Life

Our family (including Seb - yay!) went with my folks and the cub scouts to see some horses in the East Mountains. We got to learn about the horses and goats, get pulled by a tractor, Hudson rode a horse, and we had a delicious lunch treated by my parents' sweet neighbors Tom and June.

(8/17) Me and my little buddy

Hudson wants to be a cowboy when he grows up

Dad getting to know a horse

Hudson's first horse ride!

Okay - it's getting hot out here!

Now this is fun! Getting pulled by a tractor ...

Woo hoo!

So fun!

Let the good times roll!
Relaxing after a long day "at the ranch"

What a ham

I love Beauey Man's baby blues!
(8/18) Beau is 6 months!

He always looks so tiny on this couch!

He has the fuzziest hair!

(8/28) Chocolate + baby = always a bad idea (but it sure keeps him happy in the car seat!)

Uncle Noah!

We had the pleasure of spending Labor Day weekend with Seb's twin brother, Noah. It was SO much fun having him here (thanks, Laura, for letting us borrow him!). Seb planned most of the weekend. His visit included dinner at El Pinto, attempting to hike La Luz (sorry for pooping out!), Dion's for lunch, going to Tatum's 1st birthday party, and golfing (real golf for the men, putt-putt for me and the boys). It was so nice having Noah in town - he is so kind and fun and thoughtful. And let me say - he is an excellent guest! He kept the cleanest room, always made his bed, and even took all of his sheets and towels to the laundry room when he left. Laura - you are one lucky woman!

(8/29) Hudson just LOVED golfing - did you know it's free for kids 3 and under?? Great deal!

Coy smile

What a pro!

So proud to be golfing all by himself!




My tiny little man

(9/1) Resting at the Botanical Gardens - he looks like a little teenager!

Mom and her boys

Beau is definitely a Hobbs - he doesn't look like Noah one bit!

Enjoying the train ride

Cute family ... er ... wait a minute!



Enjoying the butterflies



Can you spot the little froggy?
(9/3) This is what Beau does during brother's nap time - plays with Hudson's toys!

Hudson never lets Beau touch these! Ha ha!

Oh, he loves them so much!
These toys are the BEST!

(9/3) Cute shot with Papa

(9/12) My Sleeping Beauty - love this child!


(9/15) Sunday lounging with Papa

Snuggles for Mama
Excited little man

Boy we love this boy
New Floor!

My parents came over two days this month to help Seb and I install a beautiful laminate cherry floor in our "future" entertaining/dining room. It really transformed the space. We are so indebted to my parents for all of the service they provide our family. We love you so much, Mom and Dad! Not only did they come to help us, but they also help me with the kids and make us dinner when they come over. Can they get any nicer! Gee whiz!

(9/22) The old floor

How 'bout them awesome purple pants!

(9/23) Did I mention we live with a crazy naked man? Look at those men working so hard!
(9/23) Another sleeping shot - I just love watching my boys sleep!

(9/23) Soooooooooo darling

Huh??
(9/24) Post bath pics

Love the drool running down his tummy

Perfectly placed foot in this one

Bye guys!
(9/25) Hudson helping me water the plants

Our beautiful new home. We just love it!
(9/27) Beau has been pulling himself up these days. He's getting so big! But he's still so little!


Fall Fun

Our family took a trip to Galloping Graces Pumpkin patch. Our favorite part was playing in the corn pit and picking out our pumpkins. We just love the fall - especially since Hudson is OBSESSED with anything and everything Halloween: pumpkins, jack-o-lanterns, Frankenstein, mummies, witches, spiders, webs, you name it! He LOVES it! 

Mom, Shauna, and a couple friends met at my house this month to do a fall craft day! It was so much fun! We made a "BOO" sign, a stack of Harry Potter books, and mummy tea lights. The kids played and watched movies and we took a break to have a delicious lunch provided by my mom and her friend Patti. It was so fun that I really want to do it again. Maybe we can do Christmas or Valentine crafts next! 

(9/28) Daddy helping Hudson drive

So much fun!

Mommy riding with Beau in tow!

This is no fun, you guys!

Hudson having a ball!

Daddy buried Beau!

Probably not the safest place for a baby who still puts things in his mouth!

Our favorite part of the pumpkin patch: The Corn Pit!!!

Picking out our "pumpkin family"

(10/1) I'm such a lucky lady to wake up to three handsome men each day!

(10/2) I woke up one morning to find Hudson reading in his bed!

2 comments:

Noah Dunlap said...

What a great family! Thanks for sharing all these adventures, and thanks for the good times in September.

Celestine said...

Here it is after midnight, and your post had me laughing and smiling all along. I love reliving our time together and seeing all the cool and amazing things that your family does together.

You're the BEST mother! I'm proud to have a daughter and friend like you. I love you Jess, and I love your sweet boys and wonderful hubby. Hugs, Mom