 |
| (1/1) Hmm ... what's for dinner? |
 |
| (1/8) Hudson's a dad! |
 |
| (1/13) Daddy adores his little son |
 |
| (1/27) Beau's always so messy! |
 |
| (2/16) Sweet birthday boy! |
 |
| (2/16) Cute cousins at Beau's party |
 |
| (2/16) Beau's spider cake |
 |
| (2/16) Beau really dug into his birthday cake |
 |
| (2/19) The next morning, Beau had pink eye! Oye! |
 |
| (2/19) Poor sweet baby! |
 |
| (2/22) Game table for Sammi and Janel's baby shower |
 |
| (2/22) Guests got to make new baby faces using pics of their parents and siblings |
 |
| (2/22) Yogurt bar! |
 |
| (2/22) I love these girls! |
 |
| (3/3) Delicious wheat bread! |
 |
| (3/7) Painting mistake! I painted the blue back to beige the next morning! |
 |
| (3/10) Playing outside with Daddy |
 |
| (3/10) Bedtime stories with the crazy men! |
 |
| (3/10) Love these wild guys :) |
 |
| (3/10) Funny boys |
 |
| (3/16) Seb played his cello in Sacrament meeting |
 |
| (3/17) A leprechaun visited us and turned everything green! |
 |
| (3/17) Green Breakfast! |
 |
| (3/17) Decorating clover cookies |
 |
| (3/17) This guy totally believes in magic now! |
 |
| (3/18) Helping Mommy weed |
 |
| (3/18) Totally getting soaked and freezing his buns off! |
 |
| (3/18) This cute nugget crawled into the flower box! |
 |
| (3/26) Cousins! |
 |
| (3/26) Riding the train is so fun! |
 |
| (3/26) Look at those cuties |
 |
| (3/26) Three kids in one stroller - amazing! |
 |
| (3/28) Beau getting his first hair cut! |
 |
| (3/28) He stayed really still sucking on his first lollypop! |
 |
| (3/29) Little couch potato |
 |
| (4/1) Blue paint is my achilles heel - I always think I want it then hate it once it's on. This is gone now, too! |
1/30 - Preschool Visits - I enrolled Hudson in preschool starting this fall. I think he'll benefit from regular playtime with his peers and additional learning opportunities. I also want him to have some time away from me before he plunges into all-day kindergarten (possibly next year!) The boys and I toured a couple different preschools, and we found the preschool of my dreams! It's run by a lady in my ward and it is absolutely magical. When you walk into the classroom, you are transported into another world! The school does immersive units, where they focus on a different theme every few weeks. We visited during their space unit and were wowed by the planets hanging from the ceiling and the giant space station and rocket that the kids could play in. This fall is going to be very busy - the school requires lots of parent-involvement, which I am super excited about. I h ear you learn a lot about teaching and disciplining your child in a positive way.
2/4 - My Car's Belt Snapped - Our belt needed to be replaced last year and we kind of forgot about it! It ended up snapping on us on the way to the mechanic. The car was in the shop for a long time and cost lots and lost of precious money! :( Boo! But it's working like a dream now.
2/5 - Andrea's Birthday - My best friend turned 30 this year! She is such a beautiful mama (inside and out) and I love and admire her for so many reasons. For her birthday this year, we had a friend date at Art Attack. Later that week, we (her family and friends) surprised her with a dinner out for fancy pizza.
2/7 - Playgroup - I had been feeling pretty lonely out here on the West side of town since moving into our home. I had mentioned this to a friend of mine in the ward and she magically put together a fabulous playgroup for the kids in Hudson's primary class. It's been an answer to prayers (really, this friend has been an answer to prayers - she's made me feel so welcome in our ward!). We've had so much fun. So far, we've enjoyed a birthday party, Valentine's Day cookie decorating & card exchange, visiting friends' homes, feeding the ducks at the park, a tour of Walker's Popcorn store, and more. I've especially enjoyed getting to know some of the other Moms in the ward.
2/14 - Valentines Dates - Seb and I were able to go on TWO Valentine's dates this year thanks to my parents' kind offer to babysit as well as a friend's offer to babysit. One night, we saw Delivery Man at the dollar theater and snuck in some fast food dinner. Another night we went to Mimi's Cafe. So fun!
2/16 - Beau Turns One - I can't believe my little baby is already one! To celebrate his first birthday, we had a family "Eensy Weensy Spider" party. Everyone brought their favorite childhood food (we had mac-n-cheese, goldfish, hot dogs, baked beans) and we ate picnic style in our living room. The hit of the night was the delicious chocolate cake (thanks to Laura Dunlap's amazing recipe). Beau stuffed that sucker in his face, smeared it all over his hair, and even rubbed it into his eyes! He started walking pretty regularly about a week after his first birthday. He is such a joy to have in our family. He is our little rascal - he is very independent and loves making trouble! He adores his Daddy and big brother Hudson, but always comes running to Mommy when he's sad. He's pretty small for his age - at his 1-year check up, they said he was in the 30th percentile for height.
2/17 - Pink Eye, Flu, and Colds - The morning after Beau's party, he had goopy eyes. They were all red, too. I thought they were irritated from all the cake being rubbed into them, but it turns out he contracted pink eye! The rest of the month and into the first couple weeks of March, we were all sick! Everyone (but Seb) caught pink eye. Everyone caught the flu. And everyone caught a nasty cold. So glad that's over!
2/22 - Baby Shower for Janel & Sammi - I got to throw a little "Baby Sprinkle"for two of my close friends who were both expecting babies this spring. The turnout wasn't too great, but the shower was really fun!
3/1 - Rachel's Baby Shower BBQ - I also helped throw a shower for a friend in our ward. It was a couple's BBQ shower.
3/7 - Hudson Goes to his First Bday Party ... Without Mama! - Hudson was invited to a birthday party by a cute little boy in his primary class. I dropped him off for a couple hours and they had snacks and cupcakes and watched Frozen. My little boy is growing up! Yikes!
3/11 - Lunch with Friends - Some girls in my ward invited me to a potluck lunch they were having one afternoon. It was so much fun! They had made some kiddie foods for the little ones and the adults gathered around the dinner table for lots of yummy food and chatting. It was such a great time - I need to plan some more of those!
3/12 - Visited Baby Tallulah - My dear friend Sammi had her baby: A sweet little girl named Tallulah Faye. She is just darling! I can't wait to see her again.
3/16 - Visited Baby Elise - Elise was born the day after Beau's birthday, but we were delayed in visiting the precious little girl due to sickness. She was already 1 month old when we finally saw her! Elise is such a doll!
3/17 - Leprechaun's Visit - On St. Patrick's Day, Hudson woke up to many surprises. A leprechaun had left footprints all over the house, it peed green in the toilet, it turned all of our food green, it left him a gold nugget, and it did all sorts of magic! When he was trying to take a nap, it even left a rainbow on his ceiling (which was a big surprise to me - and really great luck!)
3/22 - "Nasty" Prince Concert with Mom and Dad - My grandma won some Prince impersonation concert tickets, so we joined our parents for the show. We had burgers and shakes at Johnny Rockets before heading to the show at Legends Theater in the Route 66 Casino. The impersonator was excellent, but he had this practically naked lady dancing on the stage the whole night! We ended up leaving early. It was still fun, though!
3/24 - Saw Our Beautiful Table! - I did a trade with some friends of mine. I am doing some graphic design and web work for them, and they are building us a dining room table! It's 8-feet long, solid oak, farmhouse style. It's expected to arrive April 19. Yay!
3/25 - Cousin Date with Tyler - We had been wanting to spend some on-on-one cousin time with Tyler for awhile now. We picked him up for an afternoon of fun! We rode the train from the aquarium to the zoo, looked at the frogs and big cats, rode the train back, had snacks at McDonald's, and played on the play equipment there. It was a blast! Thanks, Shauna, for sharing him with us! He's so fun!
3/29 - Dad and Seb Installed Our Laminate Floors! - I ruined the carpet in our dining room. It was the perfect excuse to get some new flooring in there. Dad came over and he and Seb worked like mad men to get the floor done in ONE DAY! It looks amazing! It totally transformed the house! We love it!
4/4 - Cleaned the Entire Garage! - Thanks to Mom coming over the other day, I was able to clean out the entire garage! It looks so nice in there! Thank you, Mama!!
2 comments:
Hi Jess, I loved all the cute pictures of your boys, PLUS all the highlights you wrote about! I'm worn out from reading!
Don't be too hard on yourself; just enjoy the little moments, and remember the "big picture." Time goes by quickly, and your boys will be grown. That's when you'll have more time for everything else ;-).
I love you all!
Hi Jess, I loved all the cute pictures of your boys, PLUS all the highlights you wrote about! I'm worn out from reading!
Don't be too hard on yourself; just enjoy the little moments, and remember the "big picture." Time goes by quickly, and your boys will be grown. That's when you'll have more time for everything else ;-).
I love you all!
Post a Comment