Dec 3, 2014

October Whirlwind!

I need to get my fall and Halloween pictures up before we ring in the new year! I'll try to make the post short and sweet so you can just enjoy all of the pictures. The fall has notoriously been a busy season for our family. We adore Halloween, of course, so we try to squeeze in as much fun as we possibly can. This year we went a little overboard and I found myself completely pooped and ready to rip down all of the Halloween decorations as soon as I could! 

Exciting October Happenings
  • 10/1 - Our refrigerator stopped working. We bought an emergency deep freeze to salvage the food we could, and we got the refrigerator fixed in no time!
  • 10/5 - Sebastian auditioned for "The Savior of the World" - an Easter program our stake is putting on. He got the role of Cleophas and has several singing and acting parts!
  • 10/8 - Mom and Beau and I attended Hudson's first field trip to the pumpkin patch! 
  • 10/11 - Mom threw Dad a surprise birthday lunch at Jason's Deli :)
  • 10/21 - I had my first prenatal and got to see an ultrasound. The baby looked like a gummy bear with a little beating heart! 
  • 10/25 - We had some friends over for our annual "Spooky Dinner." We made it a potluck, played a game of Halloween charades, and did a mummy wrapping contest!
  • 10/29 - Another field trip to the aquarium! This wrapped up Hudson's unit on oceans and now he is studying snowflakes and the tundra! That night, we had the ward trunk-or-treat and the boys and I decorated the trunk like a bat cave! They dressed up like Batman (Hudson) and Robin (Beau). I was cat woman and Seb was superman! Beau and Hudson placed in the Spanish branch's costume contest :)
  • 10/31 - Hudson had been having some blood and protein in his urine, so we started the day with a doctor's appointment. (May have been a kidney infection ... still a little unsure.) I helped out at Hudson's preschool Halloween party which was absolutely amazing! The entire classroom was transformed into a Halloween carnival! Straight from the party, we trick-or-treated at Seb's office, then hit my parent's home for dinner and more trick-or-treating! My Dad took us to this incredible haunted house in their neighborhood. It was inspiring!
10/2 - Zoo Day with Mommy and a Visit to Grandma's House

Cute monkeys aboard the internal zoo train

My little sweetheart

Also a stinker!

So glad these brothers have one another

Spunky little man

Beau did NOT want to leave this lion statue

Watching the zebras

Love those tiny little bodies

At the park near Grandma's house

Having the time of his life on the swing

Hudson finally conquered his fear of slides TODAY!

Couldn't be happier swinging with Grandma!

Love the joy on his face
 10/3 - Pumpkin Patch with Andrea and Tatum

There's this cute, free pumpkin patch about 25 minutes from our home

Hudson's always loved the corn pit

Mini Hudson

Decapitated Hudson

Twinners!

Andrea with her little Tater-Tot

Love my baby boys

Beau wanted us to leave them alone!

Newborn baby piglets! That mama pig sure looks happy - can't imagine that would be comfortable!

Mr. Pumpin Head

I like seeing these little guys working together!

Proud of his skeleton face

Taking home their own pumpkins

I sure love living close-ish to Andrea!
 10/4 - Balloon Chasing Adventures!

We got up early, picked up some Mc Donald's for breakfast, and chased some balloons before the Saturday morning session of conference. 

Seb totally found a great spot - his office parking lot!

My handsome men!

This one's envelope actually came down ON us! We had to run to get out of the way!

So excited to collect balloon cards!

What a magical day!

Cute little men!

See Beau running with Seb?

A favorite sighting of the morning :)
 10/13 - Annual Pumpkin Sugar Cookie Decorating!

Mmm! Tasty!

We found a new sugar cookie fan!
 10/18 - Pumpkin Patch with Daddy

We get to do lots of fun things during the week. Sometimes, we need to make a special trip back with Daddy - he always makes everything better! Daddy took Beau down a tube slide!

Swimming in the corn

This is the life!
 10/23 - Halloween Decorating!

I put up spiderwebs and the boys spent all day throwing tiny plastic spiders into it! They were pretty jazzed!
 10/25 - The Annual Spooky Dinner!

Ghost cupcakes by Krista and Patrick

Skull cheese ball by Rachel and Nate

Eyeball Cake by Andrea and Tim

Worm jello by Me

Lois Lane laughing at her mummified Clark Kent

Woody and his mummified Bo Peep

Cutest mummy I ever did see!

Hilarious old woman Tim

This was my favorite costume of the night

What a mess!

He was so still and serious

Snow White and the Hutsman

Beau enjoying the party aftermath

The boys LOVED the witch's brew!
 10/30 - Gotta love a naked Beau

After his bath, Beau ran out of the bathroom and piled his pillow and animals onto the train table. He hopped right in the middle to join in the fun!

He is such a hilarious little man

This guy LOVES life!
 10/31 - Halloween Festivities!

Robin waiting for the preschool party to start!

Beau enjoying his treats at the "siblings table"

Batman with his preschool friends

Look at all the work that went in to the party decor!

The feasting begins!

Pooped at Daddy's office after skipping his nap to attend the preschool party

My superhero studs!

Getting ready to trick-or-treat!

The dark knight

Enjoying their spoils

What a day! Happy Halloween (now that it's December)!!!!


2 comments:

Celestine said...

Jessica, I LOVE living vicariously through your blog events! What a fun and ACTIVE month your family had!!

I'm grateful to be a part of your wonderful life :-). I sure love you!

Jennifer said...

What a cute blog post. I hope you guys are having a good new year. Xo