Mar 23, 2016

Spring is here!

(3/16) Hudson, Beau, and Hannah all got a stomach bug

It's nice having Hudson home from school - even if it's for a sick day!

Such a good big brother ... and such goofy teeth on this little gal

Buddies enjoying the sunshine

I was filling a pitcher of water on my kitchen counter when I decided to run out and take these pictures ...

Very bad idea to leave the faucet running when you're not around ...

About 10 minutes into our photo session, Beau tells me there's water all over the kitchen floor!

These pics were cute, but not worth my flooded kitchen!

Hoping no mold grows under the kitchen cupboards!

Cleaning up water was a welcome change from barf, though!

(3/17/16) Rainbow pancakes on St. Paddy's Day!

Beau woke me up to let me know a Leprechaun had visited us!

What a beauty!

This poor kid was afraid to use the bathroom all day - thought a leprechaun might climb out of the bathtub drain!

Oh yeah!

(3/20/16) Had to get some shots of Hannah all decked out for church

I got those pearls for my 5th birthday!

I even painted her toenails hot pink

What a little ham!

Thought we'd capture the flower box in full bloom, too

LOVE this time of year!

Love Hannah's goofy gap-toothed smile right now

She grew her top vampires first, then her middle bottom, now she's getting the middle top

What a sweetheart!

Love you, Banana!

Drooly woman

Daddy's girl

10 month old - Hannah can say Dada, Mama, uh oh, hi, bye, and more

It always seems like the blossoms come out a little too early here. It's only mid March and most of the trees in our neighborhood are already losing their "popcorn" blossoms. Our iris bulbs have sprouted up and the creeping phlox is in full bloom (we hope it lasts as long as possible!) It's almost time for me to take over getting Hudson to school. Seb's been driving him on his way to work during the cold months, but I planned to walk him once it warmed up. I jumped the gun last week and took all three kids (sorely underdressed) on a shivery cold walk. Another mom at the school felt so bad for poor Hannah that she took off her scarf and wrapped it around my cold baby, whose face was covered in boogers. What a kind gesture! 

As I write today, I am especially grateful to Sebastian for giving me the luxury of being a stay-at-home mom. It is the best job ever. Yes, I have many ups and downs. I tend to lose my patience more than I'd like to admit ... The laundry and housework never seem to end ... I sometimes feel lonely and bored ... But I love it. And its probably the greatest gift my husband has ever given or ever will give me. I get to be at home, day in and day out, watching my children grow and learn. I get to guide them and train them and, hopefully, instill gratitude in their hearts for this beautiful world Heavenly Father has created for us. Being a mother is wonderful.

There are so many seemingly "normal" moments that I know I'm going to miss one day. I love swiping a comb through Hudson's hair as he flies out the door each morning. I love getting to sort the laundry with Beau. I love singing Adele ballads to Hannah while I blow dry my hair and she watches from the bed. I love taking showers with Beau sitting at my feet playing in the pooling water. I find myself staring at my kids as they sit around our home. Hudson's playing a star Wars game on the iPad. Beau's fiddling with a toy piano on the floor. Hannah's asleep in her crib. They are so tiny and perfect and sweet. I'm sure that when these babies of mine are big and grown, I'll wish I could revisit snapshots like these and hear their cute little voices and hold their trusting little hands, and scoop them up and hug them with their teeny arms around my neck. 

Seb and I are usually so tired by the day's end that we rush through the kids' bedtime routine as quickly as possible so we could veg in front of the tv (Big Bang Theory's our newest go-to). Last night, though, Beau started drifting off during dinner, so I picked him up and got him ready for bed first. It was so enjoyable to spend that one-on-one time with him. We washed his face and hands and feet. Brushed his teeth. Read a book and a verse of scripture and said our prayers. We snuggled, just the two of us, and Beau held me so tight! He's a lover! I enjoyed that so much, I took Hannah next and gave her the royal treatment. We put lotion on all of her dry skin. Brushed her hair. Snuggled. Next I cozied up with Hudson on my bed and we read all about "Jedi Knights" together. We read much longer than usual, and he felt special being alone with mommy. I'm going to try to be as present as I can for my kids while they are here in my care. This time is far too precious for anything less. 

2 comments:

Celestine said...

Oh my gosh--my sentiments exactly! You know just how to say what your heart feels, and I love the way you express yourself on your blogs. Thank you for being the sentimental, emotionally-connected, deep thinking, deep loving mommy that you are! I love you Jessica.

I can tell you truly that one day you will indeed wish you could scoop up your beautiful children, hug them tight, and snuggle and cuddle with them like you did when they were little. Just thinking about it brings tears to my eyes. I'm so grateful that you and Jacob still allow me to be affectionate with you! I need to work on your other brothers and wear them down! Haha! I sure love my sweet, beautiful children. And now I get to love my precious grandchildren just as much! ;-)

Unknown said...

Bet you didn't know I read your blog! (: This post made me have a lump in my throat! You made me really excited to be a mom someday. THANK YOU for sharing.