Mar 7, 2017

Happy new year!

12/20 First lost tooth brought on hyperventilation, excitement, and pure joy!

1/6 Being covered in Vaseline can make it hard to fall asleep 

1/7 My snow monsters!

Love this sweet spirited guy

This one's full of sugar and spice!

Can you believe this amount of snow got school cancelled for the day??? Ha ha!

Love Hannah's tights - she is such a good little nursery girl

Hannah has stolen my heart!

Yummy mug cake!

1/18 Hudson submitted this photo to the Lego magazine

2/12 Beau celebrated his 4th birthday with a Paw Patrol pizza making cousin party!

His favorite part of all ... PRESENTS!!!

2/16 We treated the boys to the Lego Batman Movie on his actual birthday

2/21 Love catching Hannah in all her many poses

Oh the drama of it all!

2/24 Playing doctor with my little cuties (LOVE Hannah's face here)

Stay-at-home motherhood is sweeeet!

Love hanging with these silly billies!

2/25 Sticker fun!

3/1 Fresh baked bread!

Hello 2017! Can't believe it's already March! This year, Seb and I have hit it hard with our New Year's goals and I am happy to say we are staying strong! Wahoo!

Money

We're getting serious about getting out of debt and budgeting. Seb's become a Dave Ramsey fan and I've followed suit, reading his awesome book Total Money Makeover. We both love his plan for getting out of debt and building wealth. We've been having monthly budget meetings, keeping track of all money spent, using cash for all groceries, and will be debt free (besides our home) by the end of the month! It feels great! In an effort to be totally "gazelle intense" (as Ramsey puts it) we've been finding creative ways to save money. I've been baking our bread this year, I gave myself a haircut (thank you YouTube), and we've cut out most chips and crackers of my shopping list.

Body

Seb and I have been drinking green smoothies every weekday morning. I've been more conscious about my water intake (always have been a bad water drinker!) and our bedtime - we're still pretty bad but I try to make 11:30pm my lights out goal! We've both been trying to exercise every weekday and have kept that up pretty well. I go jogging in the morning and Seb goes at night. I average 1.5 miles a day with 3 miles being my tops so far. Not very far but I'm proud that we are still running 3 months into the year! You can really tell a difference just looking at Seb - his face has slimmed and his clothes are all getting loose! I think we both feel so much better, too. I can tell my moods are more even - what a blessing!

Spirit

We've decided to study the life and teachings of Jesus this year for our family scripture study, as the theme for our family home evenings, as well as my own personal scripture study. I've really loved getting the know the Savior better and think it's a wonderful topic for our little ones. They especially love acting out the scripture stories and watching the Life of Christ bible videos found on lds.org. (The actor they chose to play Christ is my very favorite - his demeanor is what I imagine Christ to be like when reading the scriptures.)

1 comment:

Celestine said...

Oh Jessica, I loved your sweet and fun blog posting! Your three children are darling and so full of personality and charm ;-). Congrats on your awesome goals this year--you and Sebastian are doing AWESOME! I love you and the way you love your family.