May 17, 2018

Sophie's first month

4/1/2018 - Sophie's adoring fans on conference Sunday

Cuddles

Cuddles

And more cuddles!

Beau has taken hundreds of photos of his new sister!

Caught this precious moment - Hudson was wiping spit up off Sofia's face

And he was completely enamored!

4/3/2018 - Such a tiny peanut on my bed!

4/5/2018 - This face!

I LOOOVE Hannah's smile in this shot!

Caught this very early smile! She's only 8 day old!

4/6/2018 - Hannah will sometimes sneak into bed with us. She is such a doll. 
4/6/2018 - A friend offered to take professional photos of our baby (and family!!)
What a treat! Here are some of my favorites ...


Loving on that baby!

So tender!

This girl was a stinker ... she would NOT cooperate!!

Who does she look like??

Love this little face

MERMAID!

A tiny plum

How gorgeous!

Our little princess

Love her fuzzy back!

Oh those cheeks!

4/8/2018 - Enjoying a girl's game day with my Grandma

Four generations of women!

4/9/2018 - Hannah took this cute picture of my tired hubby - he's been taking the morning shift getting Hudson up and off to school each day

4/10/2018 - Drawing with the girls!

I love Sophie's exotic eyes!

4/11/2018 - What a pretty girl! Her lashes are coming in!

4/12/2018 - Lots of these jammies in bed shots!

Sofia's first bath!

Playing "on our mountain" in the backyard

Having a blast throwing plastic animals into the waterfall

A visit from Sofia Celestine's namesake

We ADORE Grandma!

4/14/2018 - Snuggling with Daddy

Hanging with Mommy

4/15/2018 - One of my favorite little outfits

4/16/2018 - My morning visitor!

4/19/2018 - Another morning visitor!

Fun bath toys we bought with a baby gift card!

4/23/2018 - Hannah fell into the pond at Mariposa Basin Park! Poor thing!

Beau found this awesome turtle at the park!

He really wanted to take the turtle home!

Posing in front of our Easter display

Cute, tired girl!

4/24/2018 - Beautiful baby

4/25/2018 - Good morning, Beautiful! These bibs are lifesavers

Beau's Rio Grande Nature Center field trip

Beau and his best buddy

Eating lunch by the river

We  made it out, but everyone's hair's undone and this one's in her jammies!

Look at the frog!

4/27/2018 - Seb was gone in North Carolina for several days, so we went out to the movies, went on a shopping spree, and got shakes at Sonic! I had to survive somehow!! Ha ha!

4/29/2018 - Sweet thing!

Sofia's first time at church!

Life with a new baby has slowed down to a familiar pace. It's one we've experienced before. It's long nights. Garbages full of sour baby diapers. Slow mornings. Chores undone. Falling asleep every time I sit down to watch my favorite show. Kids watching a lot more TV than I'd like to admit. Running horrendously late for church (like over an hour!). It's drinking in that newborn smell. Burp cloths all over the house. Millions of kisses. Wearing jammies all day. Lumpy bras. Putting on some make up just so I feel like a person. Newborn days are good days, but they are hard days, too.

My kids have been troopers. Hannah and Beau usually check in on me in the mornings to say hi, but they eat breakfast and get dressed while I'm still sleeping in with the baby. They've usually played their fill of computer games and have watched several cartoons by the time I awake from the dead! Hudson's morning routine has been taken over by Daddy. Hudson's become much more independent having Daddy run things as opposed to Mommy. I sometimes catch a glimpse of him combing his hair, running gel through his bangs. He's been pouring his own cereal and picking out his own clothes. It's good. I do wish he'd kiss me goodbye before he left each morning. Oh well! Boys!

I've had to calendar things that are important to me, so I remember to get to them: laundry, grocery shopping, sweeping, vacuuming. We're still doing our "Spencer Fun Days" - our favorite day of the week where Beau and Hannah get to play with Spencer and I get to see my buddy, Pam. I'm now trying to walk on Monday and Thursday mornings. I'm experimenting with cutting out dairy (hoping it will relieve Sofia's gassy tummy). Things aren't quite as orderly and clean as I'd like them, but I'm trying to not let it get to me!

We're doing it! We're surviving! And the days are going by fast. Sophie's already outgrown her newborn clothes and has moved on to size 3 months. How does the time slip by so quickly when we're taking things so much slower? I've got to remember to drink it all in and enjoy these precious days. A hair dresser recently told me that these are the best days of my life. And I believe it!

* Okay, so ... we named our baby Sofia, but we like to call her Sophie. But I don't like spelling Sophie with an "F" (Sofie). Is that weird? I think it's going to get confusing!

3 comments:

Michal and Brandon said...

Congratulations friend!!! She is so beautiful, love all the newborn pics…it almost makes me want to have another …ALMOST ;-)

Celestine said...

You are an amazing mother, Jessica! Those little ones are SO BLESSED to have you as their mommy. And I am extremely blessed to have you for my daughter. I love your blog posts and how you keep it REAL! The kids are each unique and special in their own way, and I love them all.

Esther said...

Congratulations Hobbies! Sofia is so beautiful! What darling pictures of your cute fam!