Sep 30, 2021

Happy moments

I'm sitting at the kitchen counter listening to Beau's sweet voice as he sings the notes he's playing on the piano. He and Grandma Dunlap have just said a prayer to start their weekly piano & reading lesson. She meets with my older children each week over Skype and Facetime. Beau also takes guitar lessons from my mom every Wednesday - it's been so special. I can't help but feel grateful for this little boy of mine who is quickly growing up. Moments like these would be nice to stop time for a bit. I love his little voice. 

It's a cloudy, cold fall day. The older kids just got home from school and had crackers, cheese, and apples for a snack. Sofia just woke up from a nap. The girls are cuddled up under blankets on my bed watching a movie, and cute Hudson's folding his laundry. He's gearing up to play video games with his friends. I resisted online gaming for so long but we've given in and downloaded Fortnite. It's been surprisingly darling listening to Hudson go on "missions" with his friends from school and from our old neighborhood. He's happy as a clam and loving every minute of it. 

I put Sofia down for a nap each afternoon, and it has to be one of the highlights of my day. We lie down on her bed together and read a couple library books. Poppy comes in and gives kisses. I tuck Sofia in and she tucks me in. She covers in me blankets, her bathrobe, and stuffies. She tops me off with a fake flower. Then we listen to lullabies and drift off to sleep together. I watched her perfect little face today as she slept by my side. I love my baby. 

These are happy times. These are precious times. When I have a moment, pictures to come. Life is good. 


1 comment:

Celestine said...

Ahhh, I can feel your LOVE! I love my children so much too--and my darling grandchildren!!!