I tried to put these in order, but I'm pretty sure they're not! They are all from 2024, though!
 |
Easter 2024 (that Hudson just keeps growing!)
 | The Sub was totaled! Seb had to get a new Sub (part II) Suby-Dooby-Deux (March 2024)
|
|
 |
Sofia's 6th birthday party preparations (March 2024)
 | | Dogpile on dad at the hotel! I think we're on our Disney trip here |
 | | California cousin trip (April 2024) |
 | | Disneyland was SO FUN! |
 | | The whole gang! |
 | | A stop in Las Vegas on our way home from California (April 2024) |
|
 |
| Hannah's bestie! |
 |
| My helpful boys! |
 |
| Love our Wednesday pack walks |
 |
| A gourmet meal from Estee Shaw on a difficult school week |
 |
| Our Little Red Riding Hood (Spring 2024) |
 |
| The first shave! (Spring 2024) |
 |
Hudson's 8th grade promotion (Spring 2024)
 | Elementary school graduation!
|
|
 |
| Me on CNM's main campus |
 |
| We have LOVED my parent's updated backyard |
 |
| Fun in the swim spa |
 |
| Cliff's Amusement Park |
 |
| Dress up with friends |
 |
| My favorite unit! Mother/baby! |
 |
| More after-school play dates |
 |
Hudson's first phone! He was THRILLED!
 | | Love this man of mine |
 | My greatest support and best friend
|
|
 |
| Cool hike on our way back from our Sedona trip to see Sethrina (Fall 2024) |
 |
| Hannah's beautiful art! |
 |
| Balloons aloft at Hubert Humphrey (Fall 2024) |
 |
| Beau running onto the field at a Homecoming event at La Cueva |
 |
| Hubert Humphrey's fun run |
 |
| This girl impressed me with all her laps! |
 |
| My football kids! |
 |
| Love this independent boy of mine! |
 |
| Cheerleading was great for the girls' self-confidence |
 |
| Their cure little team (Fall 2024) |
 |
| Beau's new passion? Percussion! |
 |
| Sofia loves after school playdates with her buddies |
 |
| All dolled up for a cheer competition |
 |
| Our yard just keeps giving! (Watermelons are from the store) |
 |
| Freezer meal making with Pam! |
 |
| The boys sure love our dogs! |
 |
I turned 40!
 | Sebastian and a few childhood friends had a boys trip in Cincinnati
|
|
 |
My wonderful friend gifted me and my girls tickets to the Nutcracker!
|
 |
December 2024
|
 |
| Christmas celebration with the Hobbs cousins (December 2024) |
I failed to send out a Christmas letter last year, not because I didn't try to, but because when I sat down to write my letter, it was absolutely depressing. I was in a really sad place last December, and the letter I wrote (which turned into a stream of consciousness) is a little window into my heart. While I didn't feel it was appropriate to send it out, I thought I'd post a portion of the draft now for family history's sake. This blog is our family journal after all! Don't worry, though - I'm feeling much more hopeful now. But for goodness sakes - life can sure go through its ups and downs.
December 24, 2024
Sebastian and I snuck away this evening for a quick dinner date. We looked at one another feeling utterly exhausted. We’ve been feeling pretty worn out around here. Some years are harder than others, and this has certainly been one of those years. Work is demanding. Adjusting to middle school and high school comes with many challenges. Nursing school is taking up all my time. When somebody thought I was in my fifties this week, I realized I must be looking pretty haggard.
I sat around in a bit of a stupor all day feeling empty and depressed. I’m not looking forward to the new year. Last year was exhausting. I gave so much of my time and energy to nursing school, that everything else fell to the wayside. My home. My faith. My kids. My husband. And when I finally get a break, I can’t seem to find the motivation to do anything. Or even enjoy anything. I don’t know who I am anymore. I feel so lost.
I don’t want to do tests and homework anymore. I’m tired of school. My brain is tired. I am losing steam. I’m nervous about working. I don’t know how it will affect my family or schooling. My faith is slipping away. I don’t teach my family anymore. Nothing is heartfelt anymore. I don’t feel good enough. I’m not faithful enough. I don’t know what I believe anymore. I don’t know what to teach my kids. I am failing them. I’m not a good friend. I’ve lost touch with most of my friends. I’m becoming more and more introverted. I don’t have anything to give anymore. My chores are stacking up. My house overwhelms me. The floors are dirty. The vacuum is broken. Everything is dusty. The yard needs major work. There’s poop everywhere. I don’t take good care of my dogs. I don’t want to work outside of the home. I’m missing out on my children …
Despite all the heartache and sadness I was feeling, we accomplished a lot last year! Here's a little look at some of the things we did:
- Sebastian: We met up with Sebastian's siblings in California for a Disneyland trip! Laura planned the best trip imaginable. We went on so many rides and had all the fun fun treats! Laura's parents graciously hosted everyone and even included us in their annual Passover dinner. Seb really took over as Mr. Mom this year, doing a lot more activities with the kids than usual. He took them to Cliffs, on a summer campout, and spent most evenings and weekends with them while I studied. Sebastian took me on a trip to Washington D.C. after summer to celebrate finishing the semester. His parents came and watched the kids for us. The kids all started school and Hudson turned 14 while we were away!
- Jessica: I completed 3 out of 5 levels of nursing school with straight As! Seb, my mom, and even friends and neighbors helped with before and after school drop-offs and pickups, dentist appointments, spring break and summer activities, and even meals. My grandma gave us a scare this summer, vomiting up lots of blood, due to stomach cancer ulcers. We thought she might pass away. My aunt and uncle and many of my cousins came out to see grandma. She surprised us all by rebounding and is still with us! We had a lovely low-key Christmas. I asked my in-laws if we could do it alone this year, as I knew I would be too pooped to host. It was very relaxing and special. I landed an externship at the Heart Hospital and an internship at the Children's Psychiatric Center (CPC). I declined the externship but accepted the CPC position and started training for it mid-December.
- Hudson: Hudson and Beau attended a life-guarding course during spring break. He was involved in lots of activities through the YMs program including campouts, a Blue Hole trip, and a week at FSY in Arizona. Hudson graduated from middle school and began high school! He attended his first dance, Homecoming, with his friend Colby. They had a wonderful time! Hudson had his first "sort of" girlfriend. He had her over to make muddy buddies and he went to her home for pizza. They also spent Halloween together (unbeknownst to me!)
- Beau: During the summer, Beau and his sisters attended vacation Bible School at Hoffmantown Church for a week and also did swim lessons at Sandia High School. He's such a social guy and enjoyed many outings with his friends this year (birthday parties, sleepovers, lemonade stands, and more). Beau played football for the La Cueva Bears YAFL team this year and his sisters cheered the team on as cheerleaders. Beau moved on from elementary school to middle school! In the fall, both boys tried out for their school basketball teams, but unfortunately the competition was too fierce. They plan to try out again next year. Beau has been playing percussion in his school band and we've enjoyed his concerts.
- Hannah: Hannah's art was selected to be displayed in an APS art exhibit in both 3rd and 4th grade! her art teacher said she was the best artist at the entire school! My friend, Pamela, picked up my girls during the summer for a fun summer camp put on by her daughter Naomi. I absolutely adore my Hannah. Fourth grade has been difficult with friends, after her best friend moved schools, but she is very resilient and has such a great attitude.
- Sofia: At the start of the year, Sofia and Hannah enjoyed a few months of gymnastics classes. Sofia played Little Red Riding Hood in her kindergarten fairy tale plays. In March, Sofia turned 6 and had her friends over for a Easter-themed birthday party complete with an egg hunt. Sofia enjoyed the last half of Kindergarten and went on several fun field trips (the biopark, the fire station, etc.). She has many friends at school and is very well liked.
2 comments:
💗💗💗
My dearest Jessica, don't ever let yourself get depressed without coming over or calling me! I want to be a help and support to you anytime and all the time. I love you dearly and with all my heart. Your mother
Post a Comment