APRIL
- Andrea and I tried to start an exercise program together doing shuffle dancing in my garage! It quickly ended when Andrea developed vertigo. She's doing better now, so we might try to start back up again!
- (4/19/2025) I graduated from CNM! We had a lovely pinning ceremony where Helena Carrol and Pete Whiting gave talks. They both mentioned me in their talks which was pretty special. The moment that really made me cry was walking into the auditorium past my family and looking into the faces of my children. So much time had passed since this journey began. I had so many loved ones show up - my parents, Jacquie and Terri, my grandma, Andrea, and the Reillys.
| (4/8) On a walk with my sweet girl - this is their favorite tree! |
| Pretty manicured nails! |
| (4/12) Pete, Amber, and I volunteered at the NM Nursing Excellence Awards |
| (4/13) Our amazing ministering family invited us to share Passover with them |
| (4/16) Hannah's fourth grade teacher, Mrs. Altwise - Hannah absolutely loved her! |
| Movie date with my mom! |
| (4/17) Our Kaseman clinical group (Ryan, Brianna, Daniel, Esteban, and Pete) |
| (4/19) Our graduating class! Woo hoo! |
| It was so special having my grandma there! |
| (4/23) Did a long-awaited girls' room makeover! |
| I wanted twin beds for the girls (so I could lie down next to them and read with them), so I took out the middle bunk of this triple bunk bed and made a princess bed for Sofia! |
| Little tweaks to Beau's room too! A new shoe bench! |
| (4/23) Cute, creative friends making themselves kitty waffles as an after school snack! |
| (4/27) Jess and Sofia! |
| (4/30) Hannah's field trip to Los Golondrinas |
| I adore this little lady |
| We learned about life in the past and had a picnic lunch |
MAY
- I started a new internship working Labor and Delivery at UNM Hospital. It was really difficult working nights. I really didn't like the schedule. I'd have dinner at 1 in the morning. It felt weird walking to my car in the morning to leave with the sun rising. I saw 19 babies be born! I liked to have the kids guess how many babies I'd see that night.
- I also started Level 5, the very last one of the program! I was in a few classes: Professional Nursing Concepts, an online internship course, Concept Synthesis (excellent online lectures with Jason Baron), and clinicals at UNM's Medical ICU (with Jason's wife, Kiyoko Davis).
- I had the opportunity to shadow the Desert Ridge school nurse and saw first hand how much work a school nurse does!
- Seb planned a glorious campout for us when the kids got out of school. We set up at a beautiful little campsite in the San Antonio camp ground. Seb prepared everything for us - he planned meals and did ALL the packing. He is truly the most wonderful sweetheart and best friend I could imagine. We enjoyed walking in the creek and having no distractions.
| (5/4) Sunday charcuterie board and games on our new chairs! |
| (5/5) I love when the flowers start blooming! |
| (5/8) We LOVE basket night! We won a pets basket this year! |
| (5/9) Hannah truly loved Mrs. Altwise - so grateful for our wonderful teachers! |
| Love my peonies! |
| Bought peony cages to hold up the heavy flowers! |
| (5/10) Birthday date with Hannah! |
| She got the most beautiful nails! Aren't they gorgeous?? |
| Rose's birthday sleepover (how beautiful and fun!) |
![]() |
| (5/11) Mother's Day dance off! |
| These boys did such a darling little dance |
| Love their enthusiasm! |
| We had to get in on the fun too! |
| I adore my brother, Jacob! |
| (5/12) Can't believe I am married to this stunning man - he's so handsome! |
| (5/14) Beau's band concert |
| DQ after the concert |
| Opening presents a day early since mom has to work on her birthday (sad day!) |
| (5/15) Grandma to the rescue on Hannah's birthday! She treated the girls to McDonald's breakfast |
| Then Hannah skipped school and went to the mall! |
| Grandma's the best! |
| (5/17) Look at that vertical! Hudson's height was a real asset! |
| (5/17) Amber (nursing school friend) and Marcus's Wedding |
| (5/18) Row two. Center seats. San Victorio Chapel. Be there or be square! |
| Another night on L&D ... I get these purple scrubs out of a vending machine! |
| (5/23) Hannah's birthday sleepover! |
| They actually watched the live action Stitch movie |
| (5/28) A friend's goats had babies! |
| (5/30) These dogs are indoor dogs! |
| They seem a little forlorn in the dirt |
| Seb made the MOST delicious steak and Caesar salad dinner. Mmm! |
| Seb makes everything so fun! The lights, the games, the laughter! |
| (5/31) I love that my kids are such good friends! |
| Poor Sofia cut her finger with a pocket knife this evening - it was pretty scary! |
| Be careful, Hannah! Put that thing away! |
| A visit to Fenton Lake (Hudson was back at camp watching the dogs!) |
| What a great start to our summer! |
JUNE
- UNM's Medical ICU was one of my favorite units! I loved having fewer patients and being able to watch them through the big glass windows.
- Hudson didn't really want to go to trek. He didn't feel well either, so we had him drive up second day and do half of it. Turns out, he had whooping cough! It was a bit of a fiasco, with us having to report to the entire stake that he had a communicable disease! Aye yay yay! His bout ended up not being too bad. But it was sure a headache gettin tested, getting antibiotics, and letting everyone he'd been around know. It seemed like your average cold that started with an abnormally high fever (103 degrees!).
- (6/28-21) The boys attended Young Men's camp! They watched a movie called "The Forge," Beau competed staying the the cold creek, there was an obstacle course, a lake day with kayaks, shooting, and more! Seb's serving as a Deacon's quorum advisor, so it's fun that he gets to attend and plan the meetings for the boys.
- Mario and Milo arrived 6/24 and they stayed for a couple weeks. It was SO fun getting to know them better!
![]() |
| (6/3) Making pizza with grandma! |
| (6/6) Kids participated in VBS at Hoffmantown church once again (while I was in school) |
| (6/6) Fun at Walmart with Alex |
| (6/6) This little snuggle bug loves our bed! |
| (6/9) These funny kids were filming their own version of Home Alone |
| (6/12) Silly Poppy covered in wood chips - her fur is like velcro! |
![]() |
| (6/17) How to Train Your Dragon with almost all the grandkids! |
| And the best grandma award goes to ... Celestine! |
| Lunch at Canes's! |
![]() |
| (6/19) Swimming at Grandma's while mom's at the ICU |
| (6/20) Catching toads at YM's camp! |
| (6/20) Girls night while the boys are away! |
![]() |
| (6/25) Zoo trip with the cousins |
![]() |
| (6/28) Taking Mario and Milo to explore the tunnels |








No comments:
Post a Comment