Mar 11, 2006

Wedding Reception


Hello. This evening was pretty fun! My roommate Aubrey, Sebastian, and I went to my friend's wedding reception in Mapleton, Utah. I thought of Melanie, Angie, Krista, Jenny, and the rest of you crazy cake makers when I saw the gorgeous cakes at the wedding--my friend Maria's mother-in-law made a 20-layer chocolate fudge cake! TWENTY LAYERS! It was insanely good! I wish I had taken a picture. Dang--I forgot! Here's a pic of Seb and I from the reception. Afterwards, we watched Strictly Ballroom and had homemade banana bread. Mmm mmm good.

Today, my roomie Aubrey and I signed Fall/Winter contracts at a place called the Terrace Apartments. The bedrooms are pretty huge and there are 2 bathrooms for only 4 girls. Another plus is that they have a washer and dryer inside! Woo hoo! And they are one block from Brick Oven Pizza place! Woo hoo! And there is a lounge area with a huge plasma flatscreen tv! Double woo! AND they have a pool and hot tub! The sad thing is that I am going to be living with all strangers. Aubrey and I bought the last 2 contracts and they are in separate apartments. My other roommates are going on missions and graduating. It's going to be a bittersweet last semester together. Oh well, the change will be good for us--it'll make us stretch and grow. Well, nighty nite!

8 comments:

Dan said...

nice pictures....hey! have you guys thought of coming to pocatello for a visit?..........or we could find jobs for the summer and you could spend the time up here............that would be awesome.

Jessica Dunlap said...

Hey Dan! Aww...You are SO nice--that would be awesome to get jobs up in Idaho together, but I already have a job in NM and he has a really good job set up in Seattle. I think it really stinks, but hopefully everything will work out for us. Oh my goodness--we had a really good talk last night and we both hope that our relationship lasts... :) Hmm...I'll talk to him about going up to Idaho for a visit. That would be really fun! I wonder if we could even go this weekend...this is one of our only free weekends this month. I'll get back with you soon. :)

Dan said...

Jess,

This Saturday we have to go to SLC to drive one of our cars down to put at a motel that Brian will be stayin at. He is going to borrow 1 of our cars while he is here.He comes home next week for a few days for few job interviews.

Dang! We would like to have you come, but if you do we won't be here and we really want to make you and Seb one of our great dutch oven meals. How about conferenc weekend coming up.........you know---no church---time with the family? We could have a great time.

Let us know. If you do come this weekend I'm sure Angie and Cory will be around and we would be back on Sunday and could make a great dinner then. You could hand out with them on Saturday and then we could all hang out on Sunday. At least we would be able to see you a little bit. I'm sure Angie and Cory would love it.

Let us know what you decide to do

Angela said...

Jess...Cory and I will be here this wekend. I can even take you to Idaho Falls on Fri. or Sat. so you can visit with Grandma, Steve and Linda, and Julie and Brad. Ya, that would be awesome. Come to IDAHO! We would love to see you.

Krista said...

Noo.....come to Taiwan!!! Brian is going to be gone for a whole week, and Madi and I are going to be so lonely!! Come to Taiwan and stay with us! You only have to miss about a two weeks of school and spend about a million dollars.....

Travis said...

Melanie and I survived the "long distance relationship" over one summer -- and it wasn't that bad.

With phone and e-mail you'll probably not even notice that anything has changed. And before you know it you'll both be back for Fall Semester.

Dan said...

You know, my recollection of survive is way different than yours. Barely survived is much more descriptive.....I remember many nights of Travis pacing up and down the floor. He was like a lost puppy looking for his master.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.