Oct 4, 2006

I Love Provo in the Fall!

Isn't this lovely? Ah! Provo is turning to fall and the leaves are absolutely GORGEOUS!

Wow! It's been awhile since my last blog! In the last month, I ended my summer internship at Sandia National Labs and drove up to Provo with my mom! My mom and I had a ball wedding dress shopping in Provo and Salt Lake. I found my dream dress in SLC at Latter Day Bride. Oh man! I can't wait to do the fittings sometime within the next few weeks! I just hope I still fit into it--going from bike riding to work 90 min/day to sitting on my bum in class all day doesn't do much for the figure. Oh shoot! Let's cross our fingers that it still fits!

It's great to be back in Provo. I tried to take a lighter load this semester since I'll be getting married in November, but my schedule got all screwed up and it ended up being crazier than I had hoped. I am taking Art History 202, Color, and Composition until October 25th, but next block I will have Art History 202, Adolescent Development, Classroom Management, Multicultural Education, 2-D Design, and 3-D Design. Woo! I hope I can keep up with everything. Art History is my most intense class--the tests are ridiculous. Color is pretty fun--this morning, our class took a field trip into Rock Canyon, had Krispy Kremes and milk, and did Earth Art. Have you heard of Andy Goldsworthy? Google him. His stuff is pretty awesome.

It is wonderful living a block from Sebastian. We both have busy schedules, but Sebastian stops by my apartment every evening to say goodnight and we usually go out Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. We're getting pretty creative with our cheap date ideas--French Bread at Smith's is $1.25/loaf and our neighbors provide a variety of dvds to borrow. We've also gone apartment hunting and furniture shopping. Sebastian writes for the campus newspaper--the Daily Universe--and that keeps him pretty busy. He gets to go into the football games with a press pass and can even walk around on the field. Pretty groovy. His main "beat" though, is women's basketball and golf. He was hoping to get sports, but I am sure this was not what he was expecting. Ha ha.

Well, things are going quite well for me. My ward is great--I get to visit teach a girl in my Color class and I was called to the Publicity Committee. Every one is super nice as well. I've been to Seb's ward a couple weeks as well, but the Bishop told us that there is a new rule for engaged people--we have to go to our own wards whether we are engaged or not! That kind of stinks, but oh well! 45 more days and I will be a little married lady. I guess I've just got to enjoy single's ward while it lasts.

Well, last but not least, my biggest accomplishments thus far this semester:
  1. Made killer zucchini-sausage spaghetti
  2. Learned how to parallell park
  3. Did not fall asleep in the Conference Center while attending the Saturday Morning Session (Oh wow--it was soo good. I loved Elder Oaks talk.)



5 comments:

Angela said...

Holy crap Jess!! It's nice to see you return to the blogging world. I can't believe you only have 45 days left until you get married. It's going ot go by so fast, or not fast enough. I'm so excited for you. You guys need to come to Idaho some time this month. That would be so awesome. I know everyone in the family wants to meet that hunk of yours. Let us know.

Unknown said...

Thanks for updating Jessica! Jenny and I are excited for your wedding. It'll be fun! Congratulations again!

Melanie said...

Hey Jess,

I hear you introduced Angie to our favorite restaurant in Provo: Cafe Rio!! I love that place!! I miss their salads so so much. We try to make it there anytime we're in Utah. Mmmmm....

jenni the artist said...

Wow, new post! You two are SO CUTE I can hardly stand it.

Mike said...

What's with all the kissing. You guys must be in love! Jessibooboo and Sebiboobooboobooboo!