Nov 27, 2006

Honeymooners Return

The new Dunlap family!


Enjoying the beach near our hotel. It was a lovely sunset!




I Love Sebastian Dunlap (oh, yeah, and San Diego.) This is the view from our Balconey!
Sebastian, The Spawn of Satan, and I on Hollywood Boulevard.
Sebastian with John Wayne's tiny footprints in front of the Mann's Chinese theater on Hollywood Boulevard.
Jessica and Meryl Streep's hand print!
Sebastian looking awfully sick after riding the Manhattan Express roller coaster at the New York, New York hotel in Las Vegas.

Our Honeymoon Adventures
Sebastian and I got back Sunday afternoon from our crazy, delightful, adventure-filled honeymoon! We took a tour of the southwest starting out in Albuquerque, driving through Phoenix, and visiting San Diego, Disney Land, Coronado Island, Tiajuana Mexico (sick!), Los Angeles, Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Rodeo Drive, and Las Vegas all in 8 days! Woo! Now it's back to school--we've only got 3 more weeks until finals and until we can live together! I can't wait! Here are some of the highlights of our honeymoon:

Coronado Island
Sebastian and I stayed at a Marriott Resort Hotel on Coronado Island. The views from our room were incredible--we could see the bridge to the island, the bay area, and all of downtown San Diego. There were palm trees, parakeets singing just outside our room, and beautiful 77 degree weather! We went to the beach a couple of times (but went too late in the day to go swimming.) I think the historic hotel where "Some Like it Hot" was filmed was located on the beach we went to.

Disney Land
One of the anticipated highlights of our trip was visiting Disney Land. Seb's family members are Disney Land fanatics since both of his parents are from Los Angeles and his mom worked there as Mary Poppins. For me on the other hand--I've only been once when I was 5-years-old, so it was a real treat! My favorite part was dancing with Sebastian on Main Street after the firework show--Christmas music played and the air was filled with fake snow! It was magical!

I'm going to continue this blog later, I have a work meeting to go to, but I thought I'd post it so you could at least see the pictures! Enjoy!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice pictures Jess! Thanks for the update and congratulations!

Mike said...

Finally, you return. Can't wait to hear everything!

Travis said...

Looks like you had a blast! We've enjoyed looking at all the pics.

Melanie said...

That is the sweetest pic of you two on your wedding day!! Trav and I went to Disneyland on our honeymoon too! It's a blast. We promised each other that we wouldn't return until our kids were old enough to enjoy the park on their own. It's too fun to get stuck riding dumbo all day!! Glad you had a good time

Dan said...

what? you are not living together?

Anonymous said...

YEAH! I'm so glad you updated!! =D
~ AJ ;D

Mike said...

Loved the photos and the narrative. I'm so happy you two lovebirds are happily married. You have SO MUCH to look forward to together in your young lives. Make your marriage an adventure!

Sebastian, sorry about the woman's corsage you're wearing at the reception! In our crazy rush, we must have given out all the men's boutenirs! You still look handsome and manly though. I hope this doesn't traumatize you in any way!

We sure love you and Jessica. Can't wait to see you both on Dec. 18th. Lots of love to both of you!

Anonymous said...

Jess! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture of you on your hotel room balcony with the SD shirt. It is so cute and so funny. You are the bomb digity, girlfriend! Looks like you had a great time, and I am so happy for you both. I miss you already though! I think that this summer, Utah will be calling my name for a visit to my best gal pal! Love ya!

Dan said...

I love the redo of your site. It fits you two perfectly. When are we having another Idaho party with you 2?