Jun 30, 2008

Goodbye, Lookout Pointe!

Sebastian and I are packing up our house this week and leaving for ABQ on Thursday. I think our lovely apartment deserves a tribute on our blog. This is the longest place we have lived since we've been married . . . six months, I believe. We absolutely LOVED living here, especially since Noah and Laura lived beneath us. It was so much fun getting together to eat dinner, watch movies, and play games. We've missed them since their move to Houston , and are thrilled to be moving ourselves in a couple days.

Our Bedroom

Thanks, Andrea, for our warm down comforter! And thank you, Cheryl, for the gorgeous sconce set! My favorite thing about our bedroom was the cute (but too small) red curtains and the fun candle holders from my best friend's mom.

Easy-To-Move Furniture

I really wanted to get a big dresser to put all of our clothes in, but knew we'd be moving a lot at this stage in our lives. To make things easier (and less expensive) for ourselves, we came up with some easy-to-move, creative pieces. This is a plastic shelving unit (meant for the garage) that I found at Lowe's. I found a garment rack cover that fit over it almost perfectly. Nice, huh? What's so cool about it is that it can come apart, it's super light, and all the pieces can fit in a tiny space. In the previous picture, you may have noticed our plastic bin nightstands. Again, so easy to move and so so cheap! We have learned how to live like nomads!

Bathroom

Our cute jungle bathroom . . . this room is located within our bedroom. We found the metal bathroom rack at Target - I didn't really end up using it for much, but it made the bathroom feel more homey with the towels and candles on it.

Kitchen View of the Living Room

I absolutely love the towels Grandma Hobbs sewed for Seb and I - they are darling, and we use them everyday! And guess what - we got that microwave for free on craig's list!

Kitchen

Our kitchen felt pretty big for an apartment kitchen (I think the white cabinets and floor really opened it up). Unfortunately, the white linoleum turned black within a few hours of use - NASTY!

Living Room

I love how open our living room feels. It is especially nice because of the spectacular view of the entire valley. I absolutely love the red tablecloth set my mother-on-law got us and had to put it on the couch to give the room a splash of color!

Bookshelf and Desk (across from the couch)

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Your apartment is so cute. I love how you decorated it. By the way I love that comforter too.

Sarda' Family said...

Clay and I only lived in one apartment and then our house. The apartment was nice looking but had yuckies like roaches. Your apartment is cute!

Shar said...

So I was about to ask who painted the awesome portrait - and then I just saw it in your sidebar. very cool. I love it!

Celestine said...

Ahh, I remember staying in your apartment with you and Seb. It was very comfy and adorable. I'm sure you're dying to have your own place again :-). I'm sure family and friends here can help with some small items of furniture here and there...

Won't it be so fun to have your friends over for fun and games, etc.?!