Nov 8, 2009

25 Years Young



I turned twenty five this Saturday! I woke up to an empty bed and an empty house with a card from the "Mystery Man" and a bouquet of sunny yellow tulips on the kitchen table. Sebastian was out buying us McDonald's breakfast as a fun little birthday surprise. We spent the morning at my parent's house, doing laundry, cleaning our car, and getting an oil change. My mom threw a fun afternoon get together. She made my absolute favorite - Pork Curry - with a side of sticky rice, egg rolls, and apple cider! She also took me to Dairy Queen and let me pick out an ice cream cake; I went with the Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Blizzard Ice Cream Cake. Mom paired the cake with delicious chocolate cupcakes. Double yum! Everyone pigged out and played a few rounds of Idiot. The family showered Seb and I with lovely gifts (thank you SO much!), including some fun games, cute scarves and blouses, and some adorable headbands. We headed to the dollar theater and Mom and Dad treated Seb and I to Love Happens, the latest Jennifer Aniston movie. Seb and my dad spent the evening moving a day bed to our apartment while my mom and I went to Kohl's and Target to exchange some the tops that didn't fit. THANK YOU, everyone, for such a fun birthday!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Happy Birthday Jessica! I am glad to hear that you had such a great day!