Jan 16, 2010
Baby Dunlap in the House!
Ever since the Dunlap's Thanksgiving visit, I had been feeling under the weather. I was tired and sick to my stomach almost every day. While I was out Christmas shopping, I picked up a pregnancy test at the dollar store just for kicks. A single line meant negative, and a double line meant positive. A few short seconds after initiating the test, a second pink line started to appear. "Sebastian," I said, "you should probably look at this." Seb came to the bathroom and looked at the test in shock. He immediately left the bathroom, ran to Smith's, and returned with a more legitimate EPT two pack. I took both tests. Both were positive! Could it really be?? We were thrilled, amazed, and a little in shock! That didn't take long at all!
We decided to wait to tell our families until Christmas - two weeks away. It was painful, but definitely worth the fun surprise. I bought little baby socks, painted "Baby Dunlap, 08.15.10" on the front, and turned the socks into ornaments. I put a little baby in each sock with a card that read: "Jessica and Sebastian are having a baby!!! Nickname: Speck. Size: As big as a poppyseed. Hobby: Making Mommy sick!" We sent one to Seb's parents and one to is twin brother. I gave one to my best friend, and I presented one to my parents.
My Mom and Dad's reaction was priceless. My Dad got all quiet and teary. My Mom burst into tears and couldn't stop asking if it was for real. Yup - it's real! Seb and I are having a baby! The picture above is right after we told my family the exciting news when I was about 6 weeks along.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Hooray! Congratulations, you guys! You will love having a baby in your house...well, you'll love it with all of the energy you have left.....
Yay congrats!
Congrats! We're thrilled for you!!
That is fantastic news. What a way to start the new year. Congratulatons you two and what a lucky baby to have you as parents. Looking forward to meeting "Baby Dunlap"
love, Aunt Nancy & Uncle Trent.
I am so excited for little Baby Speck. I remember that maternity shirt I gave you a few years ago as a joke...I am so happy for you.
Yay!!! I'm super excited! Actually, I admit that I knew because your Mom told my Mom, but I was waiting until you officially announced it here! I wish you a happy, healthy pregnancy and a fast and easy labor and delivery! You are both going to make great parents!
How exciting!! I am SO excited for you!! You are going to make such a WONDERFUL mother!
ahaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!! I am SO excited for you. How crazy. I just thought hmmm. I wonder how the DUnlaps are doing. I should check their blog. I wonder if they are ever going to have a baby!!! And it looks like it! SO awesome. Maybe your little one will come a little early - say on the 6th of August instead. Then we could be birthday friends. =] You two will be awesome parents. Good luck with the pregnancy!!!!
Yeah! This is great news! Congratulations! Clay says hi and congrats as well!
Found you guys, how exciting!!
Emily Anderson
Check us out at http://ryanemily08.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment