Mar 6, 2010

Baby Mama

Hey there - it's been awhile since our last post. I don't have any new pics, but I didn't want to be MIA for too long! Here's a quick post to let you know how we're doing... (The picture above is a baby at 17 weeks, where we will be on Sunday. For more info, go to Baby Center.)

5 Best Things About Being Pregnant
  1. A Growing Family: Well, of course - holy cow - there is a baby on the way! I've been wanting this since I was a little girl and took care of my dolls! It's still surreal, though, and sometimes I feel like the baby inside of me is actually just a little alien or something. I can't seem to picture it as a real baby yet.  
  2. An Excuse to Eat More: I can eat tons of food and never get full! Woo! I've been loving baked potatoes topped with pulled BBQ pork, broccoli, cheddar cheese, butter, and sour cream. After a whole plate of that, I'm still hungry! So I top it off with a milk shake and things are all good! Mmm!
  3. An Ultra Nice Hubby: Seb is so darling and caring - the doctor said I shouldn't carry more than 20 pounds, so Seb always grabs the laundry, the groceries, my purse - whatever! He is so sweet. She also said I shouldn't be around cleaning solutions, so Seb said he'd clean the toilet! Oh yeah!!! 
  4. Baby Movement: Feeling the baby move (if it really is the baby and not just gas...) is so cool! It feels like popcorn popping inside my tummy. The baby seems to move most when I get in the shower, after I've eaten, or if I've been extra active. 
  5. Excuses Galore: Okay - this is going to sound bad, but it's great to be pregnant because all social rules go out the window! I can sit at my work desk with my pants undone...I always have an excuse to go home early when I don't want to be somewhere...I can eat in church...I can slouch on the couch at dinner parties...I can talk about bodily functions (gas, #3, puking) without reserve...all because I'm preggo! Ha ha! I'm living it up!
5 Worst Things About Being Pregnant
  1. Feeling Crappy: I'll admit - I am having probably one of the easiest pregnancies heard of. My first few months I was nauseated and exhausted all day every day, but I only puked once. Since the first trimester ended, though, I've been feeling fine and dandy. I have had a sore lower back, though, and I get weird, random pains in my belly. So that kind of stinks. Not that bad, though. 
  2. Finding a Comfy Sleeping Position: Now that I've hit four months, I'm not supposed to lie on my back or belly. Oh, that stinks! I find that I wake up more in the night as a pregnant woman.
  3. Lactose Intolerance: For those of you who know me well, you know that milk is my favorite drink. I LOVE it! Since I've been pregnant, though, drinking pure milk does awful things - and I mean AWFUL things - to my intestines. That's all I'm gonna say. Ugh!
  4. Finding a Good Baby Name: I feel completely obsessed with the daunting task at hand, and have spent hours perusing through our baby name book (I've already made it through all 50,000 names and am not a huge fan of any of them!) We've whittled a girl list and a boy list down to about 150 names each, but I'm not sure if the "right" name is on either of those lists yet. Samantha...Jonah...Vivienne...Oscar...I DON'T KNOW!!!!! Any help or advice would be highly appreciated :) 
  5. Thinking About Labor: Ouch. Ooh. Yuck. I am not looking forward to that.

7 comments:

Melanie said...

Don't you love babycenter? I'm glad you're having a relatively easy pregnancy. My only advice for sleeping is more pillows! Travis actually got me another pillow for Valentine's Day! LOL!

Kristin said...

I loved talking to you the other day! I miss you! I'm so excited for you. I remember not being able to sleep on my back - that was tough. Luckily you still have a while before it's time for labor. Soon, you'll be looking forward to it - trust me! I'm sure everything will be fine, just be flexible! Let me know when you find out if it's a boy or girl!!!

Angela said...

I love lists.. that was fun reading..especially with all the things I agree with you.. and then there's the ones I am jealous of.. (not being sick.. that I totally pick up heavy things all the time and clean with the toxins).. and I think you shouldn't worry: you'll do awesome in labor!!!

McCracken said...

You gave Larry and I a good laugh :) This last pregnancy was similar to yours, which is always nice to not be sick. Don't worry too much about labor your a strong women and will do just fine :)

Amy said...

YAY! I'm so excited for you. Having a baby is the best thing ever - even when it is miserable.

And I'll give it to you straight: get an epidural. Within three weeks I had two labors, one with an epidural and one without anything until a spinal block before my emergency C-section. The epidural makes it totally doable, even when you're feeling the contractions and going through transition and dilating crazy fast. It'll be fine, and at the end you'll see the most amazing and beautiful thing you've ever seen.

Celestine said...

Jess, I already know you'll be GREAT at delivering your baby! You're strong and agile :-). Dad and I are really excited for you and Sebastian! We love you!!

Mariela said...

Hey, hope you had a great spring break! Can't wait to see you guys this next week.