Nov 9, 2011

October 2011

Grrrrr!
I absolutely love fall. We have two big trees in our front yard who seemed to have lost half of their leaves overnight. It smells like roasting chile outside and the air is so crisp in the mornings! I also love watching movies, snuggled under a blanket. What a fun time of year! It also means that our family is coming to visit soon! Just two more weeks! Woo hoo! I've been busy figuring out our Thanksgiving menu, coming up with fun things to do with two babies, and getting our house in order. Here's a little summary of what else we've been up to...


ASLSC Breakfast and Balloons (10/8)

We had yummy breakfast burritos and watched the ballons go up from the parking lot of Seb's firm. They do this once every year. The firm is almost directly across from the balloon launch field, so the view was awesome! A bunch of balloons came down right where we were. It was sooo cool!


We got to celebrate my best friend's husband's birthday after watching the balloons. We went to his parent's home and got to mingle with all of their relatives. They have such a nice, warm family.


Hudson and Daddy watching the balloons
October Birthday Celebration in Santa Fe (10/15)

We also celebrated all of the October birthdays in our family this month, with a trip up to Santa Fe. We celebrated Jenny, my dad, and Mario's birthdays. We really enjoy visiting Jared and Jenny's home - they are so funny and always make us laugh. My mom is great about getting the whole family together for special occasions like this. Sometimes it's the only way we all see one another! It's getting to be pretty wild with our family growing, but those are memories we will always cherish.

Trying on his blessing bonnet at home
Breakfast with Coworkers and Dinner with Reich's (10/22)

I got to go to Mimi's Cafe with three of my former coworkers and I had such a good time seeing everyone again! They are a really fun group of people! I can't believe it's been only a month and a half since I resigned. Life has drastically changed sine then, but I have no regrets about becoming a stay-at-home mom and I am really loving it.

That same day Seb and I went to P.F. Chang's with my folks, Sam and Kiley, and Andrea's parents, the Reich's. It was a strange mix of people, but so much fun! Lately, Hudson's really kept us on our toes when we go out. He isn't as easy and carefree anymore. He is a wildcard - I never know when he's going to have a meltdown or when he's going to throw the silverware across the room. This time we went out, the servers had fun showing him that they could pop the heads off of the Chinese statues.

Uh oh! Eating dirt again!
Look at those cute little hands and legs!
Playing in front of our home 
That face says trouble!
Missionary Moment (10/24)

Seb and I had physical examinations at our home this month (for insurance purposes). I was really impressed and humbled by the sweet nurse who came to take our blood. She asked us if we went to church and if we were Christian. She said that she recently found Christ and seemed so excited about it! You could tell that she loved Jesus and that she was so happy to have His influence in her family's life. She was ready to invite us to go to her church and learn all about Him.

I was really taken aback by her honesty and openness about her faith. At church, we are really encouraged to be missionaries, but I have never been as open about my faith as she was that morning. It was so inspiring! It reminded me of 2 Nephi 25:26 which states:
"And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophesies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins."
It was also neat for me to be on the receiving side of missionary work. I realized that when the gospel is being shared straight from someone's heart, it isn't strange or offensive. It's truly beautiful. I ended up giving her a Book of Mormon and sharing a little of my beliefs too. We both teared up and hugged as we shared our love of Christ.

Halloweenapalooza (10/24-10/31)


For Halloween this year, I wanted us to go all out and make the entire week fun! We did lots of Halloweeny things! We decorated spooky sugar cookies, carved our first family pumpkin, and we went to a spooktacular dinner with our dinner group (we brought smoking witch's brew). We also participated in our ward's Trunk-or-Treat Tree of Life Activity (think spook alley combined with Lehi's dream) and took Hudson trick-or-treating! Enjoy the fun pics!

My cute baker
Yum yum!
Doing all the hard work
Coloring his own jack-o-lantern
Siegfried and Roy and their incredible Lion!
Yeees! This wig is so sexy!
Hudson hanging out with his bee and witch friend
Sitting in our trunk - we decorated it with Hudson's stuffed lions and tigers
Check out Huddy's big head!
Mommy and her puppy on Halloween night
We visited grandma and grandpa to eat pizza and get treats!

3 comments:

R. Dunlap said...

So cute, Jess! And I love your costumes- Siegfried and Roy, nice!

Kiley said...

I love the pictures of Hudson! He's starting to look a lot like Seb!

Celestine said...

I loved all the photos and postings! Hudson is such a doll boy now (instead of a doll baby!). Your Halloween month looked like lots of fun, and the variety of costumes were very creative!