| Oooh! A peacock! |
| Feeding the duckies |
This summer, we've gotten to know some of the mommies and nursery kids in the North Valley Ward. It has been so much fun developing those friendships! We've spent time at friends' homes, visited the balloon museum, gone to the zoo (and ridden the train), we've been swimming at a variety of pools, we hang out at the splash park, and play in the sand at our favorite park on Rio Grande. So much fun! I still can't wait for the fall, though, so things will cool off and (hopefully) my nausea will die down. This pregnancy has been a real challenge so far. I've had bad morning sickness (all day and night) and I feel like I'm on sleeping pills! It's the pits!
Here are some of the highlights of the past couple months:
Andrea's Baby Shower
I was able to help plan my best friend's baby shower! It turned out soooo nice!!! I enlisted the help of my good friend, Holly, to make an adorable cake and cake pops. She is so talented. They turned out amazing! I even got to help make the cake pops - man are they time consuming! I also read how to make puffy tissue paper balls on Pinterest. I think they turned out pretty cute! Everyone did such a great job putting the shower together - the food was delicious, the games were so fun, and the decorations were super cute! Andrea made out with some pretty nice gifts, too. Score! I can't wait to meet her little Tatum!
| Cute Mom to Be |
| Gorgeous cake and pops! Holly, you rock! |
| Best Friends! |
| Andrea (due 8/29/12) and Jessica (due 2/16/13) |
| Cute puffy balls! |
| What a spread! |
| Another look at the darling cake and pops! |
Se, Huddy man, and I went to an event called Summerfest, where the city roped off a portion of old Route 66 for an evening of fun. There were lots of artisan booths and live music. We had dinner at a bustling restaurant called Streetfood Asia. Hudson had a big bowl of noodles that got everywhere! We walked past a jazzy brass band and Hudson couldn't pull himself away from the stage. He started dancing like a wildman - jumping, moving his arms, and bopping his head to the beat. It was absolutely hilarious. Several people got their phones out to record him. We couldn't pull him away for almost 20 minutes! He was so into it!
Isotopes Game
Unfortunately, Seb was out of town for his work's annual Isotopes Game Night. I was still able to go, though, and I brought Andrea along for the fun. We had a blast. Hudson really enjoyed himself, too, slurping on Gatorade and Sprite and eating his neighbor's peanuts.
Hanging with my Bros
My brother, Jacob, took me out to the Quesadilla Grille in Old Town to celebrate the news of my pregnancy. It meant the world to me! I had so much fun with him - he is such a good listener and so fun to talk to. I want to do it again sometime, but this time on me! In fact, I loved the one-on-one so much that I decided to take my little brother Sammy out to lunch for his birthday in July. We went to the Japanese Kitchen and had Mc Donald's ice cream cones for dessert! I need to do that more often. Next, it's Jared's turn!
Nursery Scare
Nursery has been pretty fun lately. Most Sundays, it's all boys! They are so hilarious and feisty. It's funny to watch all the little boys interact. I especially love the opportunity to see Hudson in a classroom setting. He's pretty bad at listening to me. I'm hoping it's just because I'm his mom and he doesn't feel the need to listen to me. I hope he'd listen to someone else.
Anywho, we had an awful scare last Sunday. One boy decided he wanted to move Hudson across the room. He bear hugged Hudson and started walking backwards. He tripped and fell flat on his back, hitting his head first! Hudson fell right on top of him! The poor little guy screamed his lungs out. We couldn't find his parents, but he seemed to be doing okay after several minutes. We decided to bring him back into nursery. He seemed fine the rest of the hour. I found out later that week that he acted really weird when he got home and started throwing up! His parents had to take him to the emergency room and he may have had a concussion! My heavens! Good thing that little man is such a trooper! I felt just awful when I heard the news!
4 comments:
Jessica,
Have you tried Zofran for the nausea? That was what got me through my first trimester with Ellie. You have to ask your doctor/midwife for a prescription.
Ahh! Fun summer things happening so far. I love the pics from the shower! Also - sorry we didn't run into you guys at SummerFest. You called while we were at dinner so I didn't answer, and then when I tried to call back, you didn't answer! Oh well, it was fun, huh? Did you like Streetfood Asia? Tim and I LOVE that place, the food is so delicious there. Love ya!
You are so talented! The food and decor from the shower turned out amazing! And I love love love Andrea's dress! Hope it starts cooling off there soon. We've been so humid here and our AC broke for three days. After 36 hours, I packed all the kids up to stay the weekend at my parents house. It was sweet relief! My morning sickness with Lizah lasted forever! Like up until 22 weeks. It was miserable but so happy to have a girl! I'm hoping you'll have a girl too with nausea like that! I just wish we lived close so the boys could play!!!
Hudson is growing so fast and looks so darling! And Hobbies congrats to you guys!! We're having a baby too in Dec. I second the first commenter w/ the Zofran- the nausea doesn't completely go away but it for sure helps and at least you can keep food and drinks down! On a side note, I was exercising and the Mariah Carey song came on w/ the guy that says "Me and Mariah- go back like babies with pacifiers!" Random, yes, but it made me laugh thinking of you and our great times at our pink PP home! :) Hope you feel better soon!!
Post a Comment