Aug 22, 2012

August Update

Hudson peeking at the trains on a family trip to the Botanical Gardens
Butterfly head!
A gorgeous Atlas Moth
Checking out the huge moth!
Love this boy!
At home, so proud of his lego tower! 
A little artist!
Hudson helped make the salt dough (he even chose the color pink), he rolled out the dough, cut the figurines, and painted them after I baked them! 
My crazy goofball
Showing me a yellow leaf at the park today! Is fall on its way?!
Love this laughing shot!
Since this is our family journal, I feel the need to do an update post every once in awhile to get caught up on the daily happenings in the Dunlap home ... even if nothing too exciting's going on! Here's what we've been up to the past month:

Fun with Friends

We are continuing to enjoy the friendships we've made in the North Valley Ward. We've been able to go swimming a couple times at our friends' apartment pool and hope to hike the La Luz trail with the same couple later this fall. Hudson and I have made several friends with the nursery children and their mothers. We've spent a lot of time with them at a local splash park as well as our favorite city park on Rio Grande. We also had the opportunity to spend a day with Shauna and Tyler at the zoo followed by lunch at McDonald's. We always love spending time with family!

One highlight for me this month was hosting a breakfast dinner with some of my former coworkers. They brought the fruit and drinks, and I made cinnamon roll pancakes and German pancakes! It was a yummy, fun evening! I'm also going to be getting together with a friend later this month to learn how to paint canvas floor mats. I am so excited to make something cute for my kitchen! Finally!

Seb's continued to organize a basketball game each Tuesday evening, and it's been great for him to get some exercise each week and down time with his friends. I think it's often the highlight of the week for him! He just loves ball!

Olympic Mania

Our family was absolutely obsessed with the Olympics. Each night, we'd camp in front of the tv watching the amazing athletes. We'd even park Hudson's high chair in the living room, so we could watch as we ate. I miss the Olympics, but I'm glad to finally have my life back!

First Prenatal Appointment

I had my first prenatal visit on August 1st. I think that finding my new midwife was certainly a tender mercy. My insurance changed and I wasn't sure who to go with. During Hudson's birth, I met a midwife that I really loved, but I never got her name. I was browsing clinic websites and came across her picture! Both my old and new insurance covered the clinic she worked for! Woo hoo! She was awesome and even let us get an early ultrasound to determine my exact due date. It was so cool seeing the little baby squirming around in my belly! And hearing the heartbeat, like last time, was incredible! Today, I am 14 weeks and 5 days along!

San Gregorio Reservoir Trip

Kiley took the photos from this trip - thanks for capturing these fun memories! Ready to start our grueling 1 mile journey!
Gathering firewood!
A romantic ride with casanova Sam
Cute guys enjoying the nasty water
Not too sure about the whole boat thing
Get me out of here!
I love these candid shots of the cousins playing. They really did have a blast together!
Batman!




Seb made it back to the car all in one piece! Look at that load!
Happy boy swings back to the car with the help of Grandma and Grandpa
He's getting so big!
We went on a really fun and short camping trip with my parents, Sam and Kiley, and Jared and Jenny's family. It was about a 1 mile hike in (which sounds easy) but it was killer because we packed in probably 10 times the amount of food we actually needed. And Seb carried everything for our family - the food, clothes, toiletries, tent, and 3 sleeping bags! Ha ha! I did carry Hudson and our unborn child for most of the way, so I didn't feel like too much of a slacker!

It was a lot of fun setting up camp, manning the fire, roasting marshmallows, going potty outside, watching the horny cows, and huddling under a tarp while it rained! Seb even spent some time floating in an inner tube and kayaking on the nasty, cow pee filled reservoir. The torture came at night, though, when Hudson and his little cousins wanted to go home! "Home! Home! Home!" Poor things! I think I barely slept a wink at night. I figured I should just enjoy Hudson's restlessness instead get upset, so we had a little rave in our tent dancing with glow sticks and snuggling in our sleeping bags. I was a dead woman the next morning, but it certainly was fun having a sleepover with my boy!

Weekend with Folks

Seb went on a trip to San Antonio this past weekend for work, and ended up staying long to spend time with his family. They had a blast at six flags, a cool dinner theater, the river walk, and more! I spent the first night home alone with Hudson, and was proud that I slept with all the lights on, but I couldn't stand the loneliness and boredom any longer! The next day, Hudson and I ended up packing our bags and heading to my folks' house for the weekend! We got to see all of my siblings, who came to town for Shauna's mother's funeral. I am so glad to live near family and to have that wonderful support system. The funeral, by the way, was the loveliest funeral I've ever been to. The talks were so sweet and tender and there were many moments when you really got to see what an incredible mother and person Charlene Wallace was. Jacob and Shauna - we love you so much!

1 comment:

Victoria Blanchard said...

It's fun to read what you've been up to, and I'd love to hear more about your midwife. So wish I could have gone that route!