Nov 5, 2013

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

(10/20) My little stud muffin started ... CRAWLING around Halloween

This guy is trouble

He gravitates towards anything and everything that could kill him

He plays with outlets, pulls on cords, loves the blinds, is fascinated with the garbage cans and toilet, loves opening cupboards, likes to put everything in his mouth ... you name it!

(10/21) We had a fun carving party complete with pizza, some favorite treats, and Harry Potter!

Even Beau got his own pumpkin!

My little goofball

Hudson's really a ham these days

Mama's pumpkin! (See my "boo" sign in the background? I made that with Mom, Patti, Shauna, and Andrea!)

The annual lighting of the Jack-o-lanterns!

Being spooky

(10/23) Jacquie gave us this cute bedding and Hudson LOOOOVES it. A friend in the ward gave Hudson these jammies, and I got a KICK out of how ridiculous they looked on him! Ha ha!

(10/24) I took Hudson to a skating class for Tots

He hated it and spent the majority of the time on the floor crying!

Afterwards, we visited Hudson's favorite person in the world - GRANDMA!!!

Oh those love birds!

Look at them attack the poor woman!

What a sweetheart!

I love his squishy face!

So happy playing with Grandma!

(10/28) Spooky Dinner FHE: Dracula Donuts, Monster Mouth Apples, Mummy Dogs, and Pumpkin Quesadillas

(10/29) We joined Andrea and Tatum at a Mom Club Halloween Party

It was really fun and cute - they had activities and snacks for the kiddos

All was well until Hudson needed to pee ...

We ended up leaving when he peed all over his spider man costume ...

I didn't know how to help him pee standing up. Oops!

(10/30) Our Bone Dinner was a HUGE hit with Hudson

Little shy guy

He had a blast seeing the whole chicken and finding bones on his plate!

My big boy!

Eating solids pretty well these days!

What a cheese ball

(10/31) Hudson trick-or-treated at Daddy's office for the third year ... and Beau's first!

Afterwards, we went to some friends house for a fun Halloween party

According to Hudson, October is by far the best time of the year. Halloween is his very favorite holiday; scratch that - it's his very favorite day of the year! And he thinks Halloween is more than just a single day - it is a super long, drawn-out holiday that lasts all month long. And if it were up to him, it would never end!

A little of this is probably my fault - I love Halloween, too. I like to do several things every year to celebrate. This includes decorating as soon as possible so we can enjoy the decorations for a long time. I usually decorate as soon as I realize it's fall ... sometimes even in September! We spent several days this year working on some paper mache ghosts to hang in the tree in our front yard! They looked so spooky!

Each year, we like to do a spooky dinner (with yucky looking foods), pick out pumpkins at the pumpkin patch, have a carving party, decorate pumpkin sugar cookies, watch spooky movies (this year the faves were The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown, Hotel Transylvania, Harry Potter, and the Curious George No-Noggin episode), and read as many Halloween books from the library that we can get our hands on. We found some favorites this year including Halloween Night (we even bought this one - it was so good we want to read it every year!), We're Going to the Witches House, and the Franklin the turtle Halloween book. We had a "Bone Dinner" on Halloween Eve, and I think we may make this an annual Halloween tradition. I bought a whole chicken and Hudson and I skinned it and cut it all up to make fried chicken. It was so nasty breaking the legs off and such. Very Halloweeny indeed!

Hudson did some really funny things that exhibited his deep love of Halloween. When we were at Grandma Hobbs house in Idaho, Hudson kept himself entertained by playing with Grandma's Halloween dish towels and pot holders. At home, Hudson made "Halloween paper guys" by cutting out little shapes on Halloween scrapbook paper. He'd make witch feet, Frankenstein heads, and other strange things! He wanted to do this every day and it kept him entertained for hours! Grandma let him pick out some toys to entertain him on our Idaho road trip. He got two creepy skeletons, a bunch of skulls, and other strange things. What a weirdo! Ha ha!

Hudson was sad when Halloween ended, but he was excited to learn that we get to celebrate Halloween AGAIN when he's four! Woo hoo!

2 comments:

Celestine said...

What a fun and adorable posting! I love your sweet family and all the things you do to make their lives full and happy. Could you adopt me?!

Unknown said...

They are so cute! Your kiddos have gotten so big!