Jan 8, 2014

Thanksgiving in Dallas

For Thanksgiving, we took road-tripped to Dallas to visit Sethrina, Josh, and their black lab Langley. It was a relaxin, fun-filled trip!

J & S's apartment was absolutely darling and the location was just gorgeous! Their living room window overlooks a beautiful lake! We slept in the living room on a big air mattress, Hudson had the comfy couch, and Beau shacked up in his pack-n-play in the closet!

Highlights of the trip included:

  • Mouthwatering, homemade cinnamon swirl bread!
  • Getting to see Sethrina's cute apartment - I love her sense of style! And their bathroom was top notch! I felt like I was in a hotel. 
  • Hudson and Beau loving on Langley (they almost convinced me that we need to get a dog).
  • A gourmet Thanksgiving dinner that I didn't have to shop for, worry about, or cook! I especially loved the spinach salad with candied pecans, strawberry poppyseed dressing, honey crisp apple, and blue cheese. It was SO GOOD!
  • Pies! Pumpkin, berry, and apple!
  • Almost buying a $8000 couch at The Dump (not!!!)
  • Watching Frozen - it is SO SO good!
  • The Perot Science Museum - Hudson really enjoyed "working" at the Farmer's Market. 
  • Eating sushi and ice cream sandwiches in the park. 
  • Walking around the lake (okay - not really - we were too lazy). 
  • German apple pancakes - seriously so good!
  • Being treated to Ruth's Chris Steak House for our 7th anniversary while J & S babysat our kids! I felt so young again!
  • Getting glammed up in Sethrina's clothes for a family photo shoot. 
  • The boys were angels in the car (shock, shock!) - Hudson kept himself busy with some superhero toys I had surprised him with and a snowman beanie baby we bought on the road. 
  • Farkle! Lots of Farkle! (And no - that's not a sound your body makes - it's a dice game.)
  • Our favorite part, though, was spending some quality time with Josh and Sethrina. We love them so much!
Me and my boy-o hanging by the pretty lake

Matchy-matchy!

Hudson was afraid of falling in!

I think it's a little under-done. It's still squawking! 

Our wonderful hosts!

Mmm! Look at that turkey!

Tasty brisket - Josh had to wake up at 2am to check on this baby!

Our feast

Nasty little sweetheart

Love this baby


Mmmm!



Hudson looooooves his cousin Langer Hans

Pretty Sethrina and Beau at the Perot museum

Boo!


Talking with his vendors ...

This is the best we could get



Love my goofy guy!

Those brothers sure love each other

The photo shoot was full of drama


This would have been nice if Hudson was cooperating ... but he wasn't!




3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Cute Pictures! Thank you for sharing.

Haley said...

Hobbies you look GORGEOUS!! Can you please teach me how to do my hair like yours? :) Love your family pics!

Celestine said...

Another awesome posting with the cutest little Dunlaps! Looks like you all had a fabulous time together in San Antonio. I'm so glad you can get away and see Seb's siblings ;-). I love you all. Mom