Sep 21, 2014

Superhero Birthday Party!

I got the cute superhero icons from the Etsy shop Cutesiness

Hudson wanted to have a superhero birthday party this year, so we sent out invitations to his cousins, his grandparents, and his best friend in the ward. He made sure that Grandpa was on the guest list! It was a costume party and everyone dressed up so cute - Kiley and Joey matched in black and white stripes, I looked like a total weirdo in my sparkly purple cape and underwear, Tyler had on the coolest cape made by his Mama, and Hudson's buddy, Joseph, was decked out in a very muscular costume!

When the guests arrived, we had everyone draw a hero or villain on a big sheet of newsprint. We later used the drawing as a game where the kids shot the bad guys with spray bottles. We also played pin the spider on Spiderman, had Dion's pizza, and then finished the party with a Venom pinata (one of Hudson's favorite villains!) It was a really fun afternoon and we really appreciate everyone's love and support!

Web shooters and double sided Hulk/Spidey masks for the party bags

The Venom pinata filled with Pirate's Booty and fruit snacks

The Pin the Spider on Spiderman gameboard

Spiderweb cake

Twizzler "whips"
By the time the party rolled around, all but one balloon had popped! 
The pinata!
Hudson was so excited for his party - I couldn't resist posting a few of these pics!
Oh yeah! Look at my sewing mess from making those masks!
Shoot those webs!
I'm so excited!
I'm FOUR!
Hudson with Super Dad! (Or Hitler - you decide ...)
Look at that crazy hair!
Beau was a little too young for the game I think!
I man! I was way off!
Go Grandpa!
Eating outside
Jacob getting ready to enjoy the pizza
So much food!
Cute boys!
Joey whacks the pinata with Mommy's help
Now it's Tyler's turn!
Spiderman took his job very seriously and ended up whacking the entire thing down!
Get him!
Grandma with cute Elise
Bonding over Spiderman
Cousins!

3 comments:

Celestine said...

What a great narrative of Hudson's birthday party! You always go above and beyond for these events ;-). Where do you get all that energy and creativity, and can I have some of it??

Esther said...

What a cute party! You are such a fun mom and so talented! Wish we lived closer so our little boys could play together!

Haley said...

I'm with Esther!! What a fun party!! I need to bookmark this for a future William party! You are such a fun mom!