I knew I wanted a girl this time around (for heaven's sake - we tried for a girl using a friend's "proven" methods and even prayed for one), but I didn't realize just how much I had wanted a girl until our ultrasound results came in ... baby #3 is a GIRL!!! The tech knew immediately and when she broke the happy news, I couldn't help but cry. I feel like the news was life changing! My head filled with thoughts of church dresses, braiding hair, playing with dolls, building a doll house, painting nails, sleepovers, girl's nights, pink, and all things girly! While I enjoy my days filled with Legos, superheroes, cars, and weapons immensely, I'm thrilled to be able to raise a little girl of my own and experience the joys of having a daughter.
When I think of my relationship with my own mother, it makes me all the more excited. She is my very best friend. I love and admire her more than any other person and could spend every day with her. She brings me so much happiness. She has taught me all about loving other people, giving service, and being joyful by her beautiful example. I can only hope that my daughter and I will have a similar, close relationship. I cannot wait to begin that lifelong friendship. Here we go!
 |
| Cute little ear |
 |
| Tiny toes |
 |
| Sweet face |
 |
| Look at those little arms |
 |
| Streeeeeeetch! |
3 comments:
Yay!!! So happy for you guys!
Oh! She already looks like such a sweet Hobbs/Dunlap girl!I'm so excited for you guys!
YAYAYAY! I am so excited for you Hobbies! Love what you wrote- I feel the same way about my mom and am so grateful for Audrey! (and of course William and baby boy on the way too!!) Cannot wait to meet baby girl Dunlap soon!!!
Post a Comment