| This little peanut likes to sneak out of bed and watch tv with us from the other room (1/2) |
| This dress turns Hannah into a glitter bomb! (1/3) |
| The snow queen! |
| Can't help posting tons of Hannah pics - she's too cute! |
| Hanging with Hannah and Beau - check that drool out! (1/29) |
| Will somebody PLEASE put Mickey's pants back on?! (My daily rant!) |
| Beau tore up his stuffed giraffe "because it was so funny" - naughty child! |
| Beau and I made this awesome giant tower! |
| Saturday trip to the zoo with the whole family (1/31) |
| Not sure why Beau always looks so pouty! |
| Loving on his little sissy |
| My own wild animals! |
| We love playing "restaurant" with Hannah because she pretends to eat anything you hand her! (2/7) |
| Let's be honest - she's not just pretending! |
| My little buddies |
| Love the looks on their faces! |
| Hudson's latest passion ... Star Wars Angry Birds! |
| He's already won the entire game! |
| Love those flappy happy hands! |
| All ready for church - have I told you how much I love 11am church?! |
| There's actually time to play at home before church starts! |
| What is this delicious stuff? (2/9) |
| I think we have another chocolate fan in the house! Enjoying Mama's See's chocolates |
| A Valentine's Day party with one of Beau's play groups (2/12) |
| I just want to kiss this angel face! (2/12) |
| What a fuzzball! |
| Enjoying egg McMuffins and hash browns at Beau's 3rd birthday party! (2/16) |
| We lucked out - Hudson was out of school (an inservice day) so we could party on Beau's actual birthday! |
| Cousins taking a break from climbing to enjoy some tasty breakfast! |
| Love my sweet sister-in-laws! |
| My beautiful mama (+ her darth vader arm) and my sweet hubby! |
| Red velvet cake sure is messy! |
| Hudson and Elise |
| So much sugar in the morning! |
| Cute Joey! |
| Darling Elise |
| Can't believe this monkey's three! |
| Ready to blow out candles at home |
| Cutie ready for church (2/21) |
| I can finally put barrettes in her hair (just barely!) |
| On this outing, we were chased by horrible mean geese and Beau whacked his head twice on the playground! (2/23) |
| Hudson had 4 days of vacation this month - so nice having him home! (2/25) |
| Enjoying their "muffin tin treats" while we make muffins! |
| More like "clean out the pantry treats" - ha ha! |
Hudson's "Near Death" Experience (1/2016)
We took all the kids on a 1 1/2 mile hike to a beautiful spot in the East Mountains called Carlito Springs. It probably wasn't the smartest idea to go hiking, though, because the entire trail was covered with snow. The end of the hike rewards you with three pretty ponds and a spectacular view. When we reached the top, Hudson and Beau threw rocks into one of the ponds. Seb and I were seated several yards away, watching the boys and talking. Hudson reached up for a bolder about the size of his head that was stuck in the side of the mountain just above one of the ponds. As he grabbed for the rock, he slipped and fell about 6 feet into the icy cold water with his snow boots and winter coat on. As he fell, he scraped his belly and ripped his coat. Luckily, the water only came up to his chest. As Hudson fell in, the boulder that he had reached for narrowly missed his head and plunged after him into the water.
Poor Hudson was terrified and freezing cold. I was about ready to jump in after him, but luckily Hannah was strapped to me, saving me from getting wet too! Seb wisely stayed calm and pulled our screaming little guy out of the water. We stripped Hudson naked and wrapped him in my sweatshirt. I had an extra pair of socks in my backpack tat we put on his cold little feet. Seb held Hudson and ran him down the slippery trail back to the car. I walked down with Beau and Hannah, carrying both children for part of the way. Needless to say, I think we'll save hiking for the summertime!
We bought a van! (1/2016)
Seb sold Sugar (our Mustang) on craigslist for $600, which we put towards a new (to us) van! Seb found a beautiful, tricked out Chrysler Town and Country in Farmington. My mom lovingly watched our boys, while Seb and Hannah and I drove three hours to go check it out. The woman who sold it to us was kind and hospitable. While Seb took the van to Midas, the owner and I chatted about our families, our faith, and our lives - she even gave me a JW Bible. We all LOVE our new van - it has leather seats, sturdy floor covers, tv screens, fancy rear lighting, and a lifetime subscription to Sirius Satellite radio (so awesome!). Sadly, we've already had to take the van into the shop to get fixed THREE TIMES (it was leaking radiator fluid) but we're hoping she's all better now - cross your fingers!
We bought a washing machine! (2/8/2016)
It's been a pretty expensive start to the year for us! I was doing laundry when the tub filled with water and wouldn't drain. I thought it might be a baby sock clogging the pump, but we weren't sure. We ended up buying a beautiful new washing machine that makes cute R2-D2 noises when the load is done. Ha ha! While the delivery man wheeled the old washer away, I mentioned to him that I thought it just had a baby sock stuck in it somewhere. He went ahead and opened it up and handed me a crumpled pink sock. Oh my - a $600 baby sock!
I started piano lessons (2/10/2016)
Our home teacher's darling wife is giving me piano lessons once every two weeks or so. I am LOVING it and may even perform in my first recital (alongside a bunch of 7-year-olds) this coming weekend. Ha ha!
Beau turned three! (2/16/16)
Beau celebrated his third birthday this month with a cousin party! We had breakfast at McDonald's, the kids played in the play place, we had Flash cake pops, Beau opened presents, then we watched "The Good Dinosaur" at the dollar theater and munched on popcorn and goody bag treats. Beau's been really into firemen, the Flash, Batman, and Spiderman. He'd been saying he wanted a "Flash" birthday for months, so I incorporated it into the party by making red velvet cake pops - those things are yummy but a paint in the butt! I didn't start them until the night before the party, and I had to stay up until 2am to get them finished! Never again! Ha ha!
Hudson's Parent-Teacher Conference (2/26/16)
Hudson's doing wonderful academically, but he's been struggling with his behavior in class (and at home!) Hudson tends to clown around, being very disruptive and disrespectful. He doesn't know how to deal with frustration, and gives up or gets upset. On a positive note, his teacher thinks he should be tested for the gifted program, and thinks some of the behavioral issues may be related to his super smarts. Let's hope! I think it may have something to do with too much Uncle Grandpa and Angry Birds! Ha!
1 comment:
Loved your stories and your photos! You do a great job journaling important events. Sure do love my daughter! You are such a wonderful mommy to your trio. They are blessed to have you! And I'm sure that Hudson will grow out of his disruptive and disrespectful stage soon! He has more good than bad in him and will always be a sweet, beautiful boy :-).
Post a Comment