Jul 13, 2017

Spring Snapshot

(3/10/2017) Big brother falls asleep while everyone else is napping - poor bored kid!

(3/11/2017) Watercolor bath time!

So fun to bathe together!

Love this wild, hammy girl of ours!

Too much fun!

Hannah adores her brothers!

(3/25/2017) Ever the creepy-crawly-ologist

(3/26/2017) Beau's first primary talk ... turned into Mom's primary talk 

(5/27/2017) Carlito Springs with the YW

(5/29/2017) Marveling at the Tinkertown Museum on the backside of the Sandias

Memorial Day adventures

Cute brothers

(6/1/2017) Random escape to Durango (we were stowaways on Seb's work trip)
Just some random pictures from spring of this year. It's been sad not having our camera, but thank goodness for Seb's smart phone! The biggest part of spring was Sethrina and Papa Dunlap's visit (my last blog post) - which totally derailed our fitness goals for the year! Ha ha - it's so hard to get back into running once you stop! We've tried but haven't quite gotten back on the exercise train since then!

DATE NIGHT

Seb and I had lots of fun dates this spring including a couple murder mystery parties, a group date at the Escape Room, dinner and the game library with the Anderson and Gonzales families (the Andersons moved to Arizona!!), and our annual Tucano's dinner with the Pickett's.

ANOTHER SCHOOL YEAR ENDS

Hudson's school year ended with lots of parties and celebrations (I got to attend his ultra fun day), and Beau and Hannah's playgroup wrapped up with a bounce house party and cupcakes at our house. Hudson made some great friends this year including a cute set of half-Japanese twin boys, Jamie and Julian.

I was pretty busy the last month of school putting together Chamiza's yearbook for the second year in a row (joy of joys!), and I'll be doing it again next year. Of all the PTA jobs, though, I think it's probably the best fit for me.

GOODBYE SAM AND KILEY

Another huge event for our family this spring was Sam and Kiley's move to San Antonio! Sam graduated medical and started his residency in Ophthalmology this summer. We are so excited for them but definitely feel some sadness as another family moves out of state! We will miss having the kids play together, but this just means more road trips!! Wahoo!

CALLINGS

I am still in YWs (we recently had all the girls over for a big sleepover at our house!) and Seb was just called to be the second counselor in the Elder's Quorum. He was previously the YM Secretary and Priest Quorum Advisor. We were both asked to be a Ma and Pa at trek this summer, but we dodged the bullet by heading to Seattle instead. Although, from all accounts, it looked pretty incredible!

SO DANG OLD

I did a little bit (okay - a lot a bit) of self-pity mourning this spring, feeling old and rickety. I threw my back out after having Hudson, and the pain flares up when I do too much laundry or pick up Hannah wrong. Sometimes, I can barely move at all! That was bugging me, plus a long list of other things: new moles cropping up (including a nice witch "wart" on my nose!), my hair started falling out more (maybe because I stopped breastfeeding Hannah??), I was super broke out, my left eyelid has progressively stopped working, and my eyes are becoming intolerant of my contacts (meaning having to wear my glasses more - ugh!). Then one day, I was talking to Hannah and my tooth fell out! What the heck!?! It was hilarious, but also SO depressing! Apparently, my crown cracked and the tooth beneath rotted away without me noticing, and so they had to pull the tooth out completely. It can't be replaced until December! So now I am old AND TOOTHLESS! Ha ha!



2 comments:

Celestine said...

Oh my gosh Jessica, you crack me and your dad up so much! You are NOT old and rickety--that's ME you're describing! You are youthful, strong, and beautiful. Just stay out of the sun to prevent more moles from appearing on your face; I've had the same issues, but you are fairer than me.

What a wonderful year you've had. You and Seb really know how to make the most of your time here in Albuquerque, despite living in a desert and no lakes nearby to enjoy. I love you all!

Kiley said...

Thanks for the post! We'll miss being in Albuquerque with you guys! Come swing by any time!