 |
| (12/23/17) Caroling in Grandma and Grandpa Hobbs's neighborhood! |
 |
| Complete with delicious sloppy joes and BBQ chicken sandwiches! |
 |
| (12/24/17) The boys got new white shirts from Grandma Dunlap and ties from Mommy, and Hannah looked beautiful in her new dress! |
 |
| My kids had spent the night with their cousins at G and G's house, so my parents brought them over in the morning and we all went to church together (Seb played his cello and we both sang in the choir) |
 |
| Hannah and Mommy dressed in their new Christmas Eve jammies! |
 |
| The boys got new robes on Christmas Eve |
 |
| A shepherd, Mary, and Joseph |
 |
| The annual retelling of the Christmas story |
 |
| Our sweet baby Jesus - I think he has a mustache for some reason! |
 |
| (12/25/17) Agh! presents! We love Christmas morning! |
 |
| Opening stockings |
 |
| A tasty Christmas treat - pumpkin pie with whipping cream, marshmallows, and gummy bears! |
 |
| Yikes! That's nasty! |
 |
| Happy kiddos after a full day of Christmas cheer |
 |
| Beau sleeping with his new robot dog - they are wiped from jumping on our new trampoline! |
 |
| (12/26/17) Heading off to the zoo! |
 |
| Love these little explorers |
 |
| So lucky to have one another |
 |
| Hannah sure loves her sucker! |
 |
| The cat walk |
 |
| Beau's favorite animal - a snow leopard |
 |
| Enjoying Christmas goodies |
 |
| Enjoying the new zoo playground |
 |
| (12/29/2017) We tried out a new place in town - "The Main Event" |
 |
| What the kids really wanted to do, though, was play in the arcade! Oh well! |
 |
| Love the bowling shoes! |
 |
| Even Hannah got to bowl a few times |
 |
| This girls loves her Grandpa! |
 |
| (12/30/2018) With little time before G & G's departure, we took a walk close to home in the Bosque |
 |
| I think it's so pretty down here! |
 |
| We sure love our Beau Boy |
 |
| This little stinker's going to miss her grandparents! |
 |
| I love Hannah's face in these |
 |
| We appreciate the time and effort it takes to visit us each year! |
 |
| Baby girl with her Papa |
 |
| Lovin' on her Pops! |
 |
| That night we attended a family New Year's Eve Party with friends from church |
 |
| Hannah says her new "pink friend" is her favorite! We played lots of fun glow-in-the-dark games! |
For Christmas this year, we celebrated with my folks early (December 20) with the most amazing burgers I've had in years, singing, presents, a movie, and games! I sure love my parents - they always make life fun and enjoyable! And they spoil us like crazy. One of my favorite gifts this year was a Doterra Oil diffuser along with some yummy oils! I didn't even know I wanted it so much! Ha ha! Hannah especially loved her doll house, Seb loves his new baseball mitt, and the boys really loved their swords!
This Christmas was a busy one - now that two of my siblings have moved out of town, we had our annual Christmas visit from the Dunlaps, along with a visit from my brother Jared and his family from California, and my brother Sam and his family from San Antonio. I felt a little pulled apart - wanting to be a good host to my in-laws, but also not wanting to miss out on the opportunity to see my brothers and their families and let my kiddos play with their Hobbs cousins! Luckily, we were able to coordinate several opportunities to see everyone, although it's still hard to get good on-on-one time with everyone when there are so many people around! Ha ha!
I was grateful for the evening when I pulled away from my house one night to visit with Jared and Jenny at my parent's house. We played canasta for several hours, snacked on yummy munchies, and had a nice, more intimate evening together! I was also very grateful to my parents for having my boys over to spend the night ... TWICE ... so they could bond with their cousins! And Seb and I were able to have a fun grown ups only date with his parents - we went to see "The Greatest Showman" and had dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. We also saw "Wonder."
This visit was filled with LOTS of shopping, returns, and driving from store to store (which was a bit of a bummer), but I think all in all we had a good time! I think my favorite day was Christmas. I love the thrill of opening presents together. The big surprise this year was a huge trampoline - I think the kids had caught on that there was something outside since I had closed all the blinds. But luckily, no one looked outside until the big reveal! There were shouts of joy - Beau screaming "This is the best day of my life!" - and the kids flipping and flying on that baby all day! We roasted hotdogs in the afternoon and ate outside - it was gorgeous out.
1 comment:
Another fun posting. It was great to see Geoff and Peggy Dunlap during the holidays, and so nice to read all about their visit on your Blog. I love you all! Mom
Post a Comment