 |
| (12/1/18) My sweet muffins cleaning up the leaves on our back porch |
 |
| This is way more fun than any toy inside! |
 |
| Love this exuberant little lady |
 |
| I was babysitting for a couple friends and put everyone to work! |
 |
| Fall is the best! |
 |
| Wahoo! |
 |
| Love those big smiles! |
 |
| (12/7/18) We spend a lot of time each week at our big art table |
 |
| This kids love drawing, dot markers, beads, play dough, board games, you name it! |
 |
| I love this pretty girl! |
 |
| My funny little guy! |
 |
| (12/8/17) A busy morning making Christmas presents! |
 |
| The photo we took for Beau's Christmas mugs given to Daddy and both Grandpas |
 |
| (12/12/17) My mom and I took the kids to see "A Very Electric Christmas" at Popejoy |
 |
| It was fun riding the shuttle to the university |
 |
| And Hudson enjoyed ditching school for the day! |
 |
| After the show, we attended Beau's preschool class Christmas party - these two were being very buddy-buddy |
 |
| (12/13/17) Hannah dressed up in Beau's clothing |
 |
| What wild goons! |
 |
| (12/16/2017) Hannah and I took a girl's trip up to Idaho to attend my Aunt Julie's funeral |
 |
| I had a couple friends watch the boys for me after school until Sebastian could get off of work each day |
 |
| Hannah was so excited about all of the snow at Great Grandma Joy's house |
 |
| Love this spunky angel of mine! |
 |
| Hannah and Grandma |
 |
| (12/21/2017) We LOVE Christmas break!!! |
 |
| Christmas goodies, Christmas movies, family games, and playing with a new Lego set from Grandma and Grandpa Hobbs! |
 |
| It's so fun to all be together at home, wearing PJs, with nothing to do!! |
One of the saddest events last year was the passing of my Dad's little sister, Julie Hatch. She fought a decade long fight against pancreatic cancer and finally passed away in early December. My aunt is a wonderful example to me - she was a remarkable mother and her children are a testament to the Christ-centered, loving, musical, warm home that she created for her family. I left Idaho feeling grateful for my opportunity to be a mother and also more aware of how precious our time is here on earth - we don't know when we will go, so each day needs to be lived purposefully and with great love and care. I was impressed by a tradition my aunt started in her home when her oldest started kindergarten. She'd hold a daily devotional with her children that included a primary hymn, a reading from the children's scripture reader, a story from the
Friend, and a prayer. I've been trying to do this with my children each day upon returning from Idaho, and it has already enriched and blessed our lives. I hope to continue this tradition for the rest of my days as a stay-at-home mom. I was so sad for my sweet cousins and uncle who had to say goodbye to their "Beautiful Mama," but I know they will see her again someday. I was also impressed by my uncle - he reminded me of the captain of a great ship - keeping everyone united and strong and being there for everyone - a pillar of strength. They will all be okay. But it is still so sad.
1 comment:
Thanks for joining your dad and I for Julie's funeral. It was a beautiful time for the family. Love those cute kids!
Post a Comment