Mexico Memories!
I didn't have a blog back when I went to Mexico, so I figured I'd share some pics with you from this past summer. My roomie Haley and I lived in Guadalajara for 2 months with a Catholic family and studied espanol at the Universidad Autonoma de Guadalajara! Que chito! This is us on top of the pyramid of the moon pointing to the pyramid of the sun . We got to visit some really cool places and meet interesting people. I came to love the culture there and LOVE the food! (Although I got sick for 2 months :) Ha ha!) It would be awesome to minor in Spanish, but I am thinking of minoring in Special Education as well... Oh man--I definitely reccommend going to Mexico at least once in your life time. Oh man--their cheese is so dang good. It's called Queso Fresco--and guess what! I just discovered that you can buy it at super Wal-Mart right here in the United States! It's great on Quesadillas. 
<--Here is a picture of me schmoozing with Mario the butcher. The one above this is me and Haley on the tallest building in Mexico City. Did you know that Mexico City is the most populated city in the world?? Insane, eh? While we were there, we got to see the temple, visit the ancient ruins, take a tour of the plaza, and go to an Alejandro Fernandez concert! He's like the Tim McGraw of Mexico--women swoon for him! After school each day, we got to go to a shelter for abused boys. We were able to come up with fun activities for them to do--jump rope, Bingo, reading, and...dun duh duh duh--karate lessons! It was hard teaching in Spanish, but a fun little challenge.
No comments:
Post a Comment