Sebastian and I made it safe and sound to Albuquerque the evening of July 3rd (thanks in part to some wonderful family and friends). Our last few days in Provo really emphasized to us what we are going to miss - people who we love! An awesome couple we know - the Robinson's - as well as Seb's little sister, Sethrina, helped us move all of our stuff into our U-Haul and clean our apartment. To top it off, the Robinsons invited us to sleep at their home our last night so we wouldn't have to roll around on our hard floor with no bed, pillow, or blankets. Laura Robinson made up a cozy bed for us and even served us waffles in the morning! We hit the road with full bellies and good memories.
We were also blessed to see all of my Lemmon cousins the evening before heading out. My Aunt Cathy and Uncle Howard were in town, visiting their daughter Jennifer and her husband Chris. They brought all of their kids - Warren, Evan, Raquel, and even Gordon (who has been studying at Vanderbuilt the past year or so). They treated us to Cafe Rio, and we had fun sampling all of the restaurant's desserts. (I highly reccomend the Tres Leches!)
Back to our journey to Albuquerque . . . Seb drove the entire way (thank goodness) and we didn't get lost once! I read New Moon out loud to him (the second in Stephanie Meyer's vampire series - highly recommended if you like sloshy, gooey romances) and we made it with only one broken bookshelf! Hurray! My parent's neighbor, Brother Nunez, greeted us that night and told us about the ward's 4th of July breakfast the next morning.
My mom had prepared the house in its usual immacualte glory, and left us with a pile of goodies to start the summer off right: beef jerky, peanut M&M's, a marked up apartment guide, a scrapbooking kit, a pile of my friends' wedding annoucements, Indiana Jones, Jumper, and P.S. I Love You. Thanks, Mom!
Seb and I went to the ward breakfast and saw many friendly faces. I had fun getting caught up with Marie Sorenson, Steve Hermele, the Nunez family, and our former Bishop while stuffing my face with pancakes, bacon, OJ, milk, strawberries, grapes, and more bacon! How fun! The fourth was definitely a day of feasting - we made steaks and fries that evening before watching the fireworks. We tried watching them from the roof (too high and scary!) and watched them from the back of my dad's pickup truck instead. It was a great show.
Before the fireworks, though, my parent's hometeachers came over and helped us unload our U-Haul. We got it done in less than an hour thanks to their help, as well as Brother Oschwald's 3- or 4-year-old son!
Although we had to leave some good friends behind, we were welcomed to Albuquerque with more love and thoughtfulness than I could have imagined. It's going to be a great three years!
1 comment:
You are the BEST family Blog poster ever! I loved reading all about your adventurous move to Albuquerque. So glad you wrote it down so we could feel like we were there with you :-).
It's been wonderful to have my sweet daughter back and her fantabulous husband. You two are so blessed to have found each other. I love being around you both and doing things together! What am I going to do when you move into your apartment?? Thank goodness I have your Dad :-).
Please promise to come visit and/or get together with us often. I love you so very much.
Post a Comment